Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Nexus 10 battery drain.......in an instant

I'm in a similar boat. A week ago, everything was perfect, no issues. Day before yesterday, I was playing a game on my Nexus 10, sitting on the back porch, and I felt and heard a very small but sharp "pop". The tablet instantly went dark. Plugged it in later, let it charge about 20-30 min before it even showed the battery indicator.

Fully charged overnight, next day, using my N10 again, reached about 70 or 80% battery and instant blackness. Contacted Samsung (didn't buy from Google directly), they told me the one year of warranty was expired, and basically I should get lost.

Currently have my N10 semi-permanently attached to my nightstand, not in use.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,380 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Forge64 View Post
    I'm in a similar boat. A week ago, everything was perfect, no issues. Day before yesterday, I was playing a game on my Nexus 10, sitting on the back porch, and I felt and heard a very small but sharp "pop". The tablet instantly went dark. Plugged it in later, let it charge about 20-30 min before it even showed the battery indicator. Fully charged overnight, next day, using my N10 again, reached about 70 or 80% battery and instant blackness.
    Mine has never popped, and always shows the low battery box for a few seconds before shutting down... but otherwise similar behavior.

Contacted Samsung (didn't buy from Google directly), they told me the one year of warranty was expired, and basically I should get lost.
    Yep, 1 year warranty, can't expect them to do anything after that. I am a bit disappointed that my battery didn't even reasonably last two years, though. Now just need to get feedback on replacement batteries. I have watched the video, it is not hard to do... we just need to know if the Power99 one is a good battery or crap...

Currently have my N10 semi-permanently attached to my nightstand, not in use.
    I still can use mine for gaming (which sucks a lot of power) for at least an hour an a half. For most days that is fine. But life seems to be getting lower each month, so I will have to do something "soon".
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,380 Global Posts

I am starting a new thread on battery replacement. I fear too many people will not look through this thread with my recent questions, since it is a topic change, anyway:

Replace your Nexus 10 battery
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234