Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 10 battery drain.......in an instant

Hi all,

Had a nexus 10 for about 5 months now problem free......

Except lately the battery seems to drain extremely fast lately. Fast as in a jump from a high percentage to zero. The tablet will have a high percentage then seem to lag, and then bloom it restarts and cannot boot cut the battery is 0%.

I've specifically noticed this happening when in the camera app, but that is not the only case.

Any help, guidance, suggestions, ways to fix, is greatly greatly appreciated!!!!

Hope the attached pics help....Nexus 10 battery drain.......in an instant-screenshot_2013-06-23-19-23-37.jpgNexus 10 battery drain.......in an instant-screenshot_2013-06-23-15-02-22.jpg

Default Re: Nexus 10 battery drain.......in an instant

You will probably need to do a factory reset, but for kicks, turn off wifi completely and recharge it and see how long it lasts.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Tried both of these.

Factory Reset last night and just encountered same problem.

Drained from at least 85% down to 0%.

Any ideas?

Just had almost the exactly same problem..one minute the battery reads 98% then down to zero. I can use it by running it off the charger but soon as you take this off the nexus continually switches itself off. I contacted the helpline and have done all the usual stuff to check including going back to factory reset. just waiting now to see what effect if any this has..if none sounds like they will send me a a replacement..which in my mind suggests it is probably a known problem..how common i have no idea. My suggestion is to contact their technical support and get the ball rolling!

Sounds like a bad battery.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TgeekB View Post
    Sounds like a bad battery.
    I agree.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

UPDATE here....

Sent my N10 into Samsung, under warranty, about 3 days ago. Will update here when I receive the tablet back, hopefully in working condition!

glad to hear about it. for clarification are you getting your tablet back or will they just be shipping you out a new or refurb one?
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I had the same problem. I sent it back to Samsung last week. Still waiting.

At least I'm not the only one with this issue... thought it was just mine. So this is a more common problem and an obvious defect of the tablet (and a very annoying one at that). Everyone who sent them back please post your experience and if you received a new or refurb back.

Mine is going back very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by rantek View Post
    At least I'm not the only one with this issue... thought it was just mine. So this is a more common problem and an obvious defect of the tablet (and a very annoying one at that). Everyone who sent them back please post your experience and if you received a new or refurb back.

Mine is going back very soon!
    It doesn't mean it's common because a few people on here have had an issue. Electronic devices produced in large quantities are going to have a certain number that could be imperfect. Just the luck (or bad luck) of the draw.

I had the same problem. Google sent me a NEW one not a refurb. HOWEVER, the new one just started doing the same freaking thing after having it for 4 or 5 months. WTF. I'm going to ask for a nexus 7 and a refund of the other $200.

Wow. I'd like to know if it's a battery problem or has to do with the device. Keep us informed.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Got my Nexus 10 back from samsung yesterday. They replaced the battery and updated software. Everything seems fine now. All covered under warranty.

updated software????? updated from what to what?
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012

I called Samsung about it yesterday and am preparing to ship it to them today. Shall I do a Settings -> Backup & Reset -> Backup/Auto Restore and Factory Data Reset first?
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    updated software????? updated from what to what?
    +1

There should be no need to update anything to anything, unless for some reason he didn't accept the over-the-air updates...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Not sure what they updated. The invoice said s/w update and when I received it back form Samsung it had a factory data reset. It still is at 4.2.2. May be a factory reset is requires a software update.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsdmd View Post
    Not sure what they updated. The invoice said s/w update and when I received it back form Samsung it had a factory data reset. It still is at 4.2.2. May be a factory reset is requires a software update.
    Are you SURE you got back the same device you sent in and not a refurb? Same Mac Address, Serial Number etc?
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012

What phone number/website are you using to call Samsung??

Thanks

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    Are you SURE you got back the same device you sent in and not a refurb? Same Mac Address, Serial Number etc?
    Yes, same serial#.

Quote Originally Posted by ctk4949 View Post
    What phone number/website are you using to call Samsung??

Thanks
    1-888-987-4357. Once they heard what the problem was they told me I should send it in and they emailed me a prepaid UPS shipping label. I backed everything up on Google Drive, set everything to factory default and made note of the serial number and stuff like that. Shipped it off yesterday.

Apparently my tablet was returned last night. The UPS guy must have come after dark and, rather than knock on the door, left it leaning against the front gate all night. I saw it this morning when I opened the front drapes.

It's my old tablet. The repair action was: one replaced component.

Repair detail: Part # GH43-03780A Inner battery pack; SP3496A8H(1S2P),GT-P8

Free

I trouble getting it to work for me. It told me I had to log into Google, but instead of taking me to a Chrome page where I could, it took me to my wireless connection page. I tried both my google password and my router security code and neither would authenticate. I let it sit for about 15 minutes while I went through my papers looking for a third option, found none, and tried it again. This time the one for the router worked, which took me to a page where I could sign in to Google, and now I'm back in action.

Now, how to I restore everything I backed up before sending it off?.
    Last edited by chachma; 08-09-2013 at 08:44 AM.

I've been getting battery life twice what I had been getting.

Then, this morning, the screen locked up. I turned it off and it won't come back on. I plugged it into the charger and it's been charging for an hour, but there no charging indicator coming on and it still won't power up, even plugged in.

I'm going to call Samsung again and tell them this device is undependable and unsatisfactory and they can have it. I want a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by chachma View Post
    I've been getting battery life twice what I had been getting.

Then, this morning, the screen locked up. I turned it off and it won't come back on. I plugged it into the charger and it's been charging for an hour, but there no charging indicator coming on and it still won't power up, even plugged in.

I'm going to call Samsung again and tell them this device is undependable and unsatisfactory and they can have it. I want a refund.
    How long are you depressing the power button? try and hold it down fro up to 30 seconds or until you feel it vibrate.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast