DLNA Issue with my Nexus 10

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm having a rather specific issue...

I downloaded this nifty app that creates a DLNA server for your Android device, so you can access all your media across your WiFi network.

However, whenever I try to watch movies on my TV with the app on my Nexus 10, the server will crash every 10-15 minutes, and I'll have to refresh the app and restart the video to get it working again.

At first, I thought the app just sucked, or possibly there was something wrong with my network, but then I downloaded the app on my phone (it's a Note II), and have used it multiple times, watching the same video files on the same TV without any crashing whatsoever.

Does anyone know of the cause for this crashing specifically on my Nexus 10? And if so, does anyone have any ideas for a possible fix or workaround outside of using my phone instead?

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
First off, it is hard to answer when you don't tell us what app you are trying to use. Not all of them are made equal. Second the note 2 isn't a very good judge as Samsung devices have DLNA built into them.

What is the DLNA server software you are trying to use?

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
When you say it crashes do you mean the move just stops working, or that you get force closes on the tablet?

You may want to make sure you turn off the wifi options to turn off wifi when it goes into sleep mode.

I haven't used either of them, but the Ultimate server seems interesting. I am thinking about trying that out on my OUYA.

The best success I have had was with Media House UPNP/DLNA. When you are doing the playback are you selecting it from the TV. Or are you pushing it to the TV from your tablet to the TV as a external player.

There are two problems with UPNP and DLNA.
1. They are standards that no everyone completely follows so no guarrentee
2. Allot of people claim support but aren't a certified DLNA device and therefore work with some and not other stuff.​

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams