Do I need a screen protector for my new Nexus 10?

James Temple1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got my new Nexus 10 a few days ago and as I usually do, I left on the plastic film that comes on the screen from the factory. I'm sure the plastic will eventually work it's way off and that leads me to a decision... do I get a screen protector? For my old Palm TX I religiously used them, but on my two year old iPod iTouch I've never used one and it's been fine. I tend to be very protective of my gadgets, but one never can be sure. What do people think?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Only you can decide if you need a screen protector. If you want the extra protection go for it. The plastic film itself works as a decent screen protector so you can just leave it on, like I have.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I've not used anything for a screen protector and have had mine for 6 months, no scratches or anything. Then again, I don't have any kids and don't generally take it out of my home, so it's never in ?extreme" circumstances. The Gorilla Glass 2 is pretty sturdy itself.

Posted via Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got my new Nexus 10 a few days ago and as I usually do, I left on the plastic film that comes on the screen from the factory. I'm sure the plastic will eventually work it's way off and that leads me to a decision... do I get a screen protector? For my old Palm TX I religiously used them, but on my two year old iPod iTouch I've never used one and it's been fine. I tend to be very protective of my gadgets, but one never can be sure. What do people think?

No, you do not "need" a screen protector. Please take off the factory film, that is really not meant to stay on. A Palm TX uses a resistive PLASTIC screen, so scratches are a big problem. This is not an issue with glass screens, unless you are really careless.

I never use screen protectors on any of my tablets or glass phones and none have ever scratched.

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I kind of agree with the other posters and only because I use to have a screen protector for my Nexus 10. I had the ArmorSuit Military Shield for mine. I've put on many a screen protector so I feel confident with my ability. This protector left a few tiny bubbles which the manufacturer said would work themselves out in a few days and didn't. I could have lived with that, but I promise you when I tell you I only used a cloth to clean it and it left huge scratches on the screen protector. These scratches were so bad I had to remove it. I am so glad I did. I've found that the screen on the nexus so much more responsive. I will continue using screen protectors on my phones. As for my Nexus and iPad, naked as the day they were made.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't use one or feel I need one on my Nexus 10. While I have a screen protector on my Note 2, that's because it's with me all of the time, has only a bumper case, and is frequently shoved in my pocket. My Nexus 10 doesn't travel anywhere near as much, and the case(s) I have for it provide a cover over the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87