How do I stop updated apps appearing on my Nexus 10 home-screen?

helkin

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
There have been a few discussions about apps appearing on your home-screen when you download them and I have stopped this by unchecking 'Auto-add widgets' in the Google Play Store settings.
However, apps keep appearing on my home-screen, making my email widget disappear! So far I have notice this happen with the Facebook app and the Drippler Nexus app. Perhaps it is happening when thee apps automatically update?
In any case, I want them to stop appearing and stop kicking my email widget off the home-screen!
Any ideas?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You can start by turning off the auto update feature. Then you will know for sure when this is happening.

helkin

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I did try that and it did stop, but then I manually updated a few apps and suddenly the Facebook app appeared.
The appearance of the apps does not seem to match the apps that are necessarily updates.
Very annoying!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I have never had this happen, the only time an app appears on my home screen is the first time I download it. then if I remove it it never re appears.

is this happening on the owner account or a user account?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I did try that and it did stop, but then I manually updated a few apps and suddenly the Facebook app appeared.
The appearance of the apps does not seem to match the apps that are necessarily updates.
Very annoying!

So you are getting shortcuts/widgets on apps that have not been updated since installed?