Nexus Shuts Down at 7-10% Battery

ffactoryxx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
So I have started noticing an issue that occurs sometimes with my Nexus 10.

I will be playing a game such as Shadowgun or something intensive and the battery notifications will pop up as usual.

Whats happens however is sometimes after the 10% battery life notification appears or I check manually, the thing just shuts down as it is suddenly went to 0.

Any idea whats going on and if I should get a replacement?

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
No that doesn't seem like a problem. The nexus 10 uses a substantial amount of power to power that wonderful screen, so at one point it probably won't be able to provide enough voltage to stay on. For you that seems to be around the 10 percent mark. If it was higher than 20 percent then I would be worried, but that seems normal to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I would assume so, that's the way it works with my devices usually. While playing a consuming game I get about 4 percent to shutdown (but it's a phone), and if not I can run it to 0 percent easily

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok so if I am not playing a game, I might be able to run it to zero before shutting off?

You should never run a li-ion battery to zero. Deep discharges are the death of them. That is why Android generally shuts down before you get to zero. You have probably noticed after Android shuts you down if you try and restart without charging the phone will try to start and then Android will shut it down again. You get that result because the battery still has a small charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz