Is the Nexus 10 available at Canadian Retailer?

shaidyn

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a tablet, hopefully this weekend. It's down to an ipad or a nexus, and the real clincher is going to be whichever is easier for me to get my hands on.

I've cast my net wide, but I can't find any information about being able to go to a store in Canada (Vancouver, BC, more specifically) and buying one. There are a million stores selling the Nexus 7, but that's of no interest to me.

Does anyone know what's up, and why this is so hard to get ahold of?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I've checked multiple electronic stores in Canada and haven't found it. Not sure why but only place you'll be able to get it is the Play Store.

JamesHuntley

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Calgary and own both an iPad 3 and nexus 10.
I got the nexus on the play store in about 4 days.
It depends on your needs for which to get. Nexus blows iPad out of the water for most uses, but if your primary need is something that needs 3g, iPad is more convenient than tethering the nexus. However, if you use a lot of email, remember that iOS is incapable of basic email functions like collapsing subfolders or sending an email as urgent.
My nexus is 2-3 times faster and has far superior screen for half the cost. Sometimes it runs a bit warm while watching videos streamed through chrome.

Hope that helps

Raypundo

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Google Play Store. That's it. No clue why.

That being said, I had no issues ordering it from there, relatively fast and was easy to order from.

(there are people who resell them, but at like a 50% markup, I don't count those resellers, but scum :p there are no retail stores carrying the Nexus 10 that I know of).

segri01

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I've been trying to find a retailer anywhere that had a Nexus 10 in store that I could see and touch. In the end, I ordered one online and if I'm not happy with it, will simply return it to them. I really doubt I'll be disappointed with it, even knowing there's a new model coming in a few months.

dmwit

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
We're in Calgary, too, and are hoping to buy a Nexus 10. Have you been happy with it? Also, when you ordered your Nexus 10 from the Google Store did it come from the States, and did you have to pay an extra $200 for the duty and border charges (in addition to the regular shipping charges)?

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463