Notification Light Not Working After 4.3 Update

pudgewack

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Happy Monday, all!!!

I updated my Nexus 10 to 4.3 the other day. I did not wait for the OTA. Instead, I downloaded the image from google and flashed via the flash_all.sh script included with the image. This completly wiped my device and started me from scratch. Always nice to start with a clean slate.

I am happy with the upgrade, but am having one small issue. The notification light no longer works. It does not work for any app (gmail, yahoo mail, google voice, etc.). I made sure the option is turned on in settings. I even toggled it on/off, but that did not help.

Just to troubleshoot, I installed Light Flow. With Light Flow installed, the noticiation light does work. Because of this, I am elimiating any hardware issues. I guess the easy solution is to keep Light Flow and configure it to my liking. But I like simplicity and want the light to work without any additional programs.

Is anyone else having issues with the notification light? Any tip/tricks/solutions to get it to work without the need for the 3rd party app?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, since you like a clean slate anyway I suggest you try a factory reset. Sounds like something went amiss during the update.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
turn off and then turn on LED notification in settings and reboot.

I have seen few having the issue on 4.2, doing this seems to have fixed for them. worth a try

Funduro

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You guys are lucky. Mine only worked once and I have tried all the tips and tricks and with Light Flow I still cant get it to work. I have finally given up :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781