Nexus 10: 4.3 update cant download apps

ozzyio

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
hi newbee here. after I downloaded the 4.3 update I noticed I couldn't download any apps from the play store, I comes up with an error message, also it won't update any of my downloaded apps. any help would be appreisiated:-X

Last edited by a moderator:

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Remove your gmail account and then add it again. You can do this by going to settings, accounts, select your account from the list, push the three dots in the top right corner and then select removing account. When it is done remove go to add account and then fill out your information from there.

Last edited:

John Saxon1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: 4.3 update cant download apps

I can't remove my Google account on my Nexus 7. There is no option for that available, the only command you get when you click the three dots is "sync now." Any idea what I can do short of doing a full factory reset? Thanks!

rxnelson

May 29, 2012
Visit site

Click on your account name on that screen. Then the three dots then remove account.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

Are there any other problems this causes? I ask because I had cleared google services framework many times over and over but never got update and when got the error with updating apps, removed and added google account, problem fixed but my gmail is not getting emails instantly.

I open gmail and don't see any new emails but if I pull down to refresh it the number above says x amount unread and then a few seconds later all the new emails appear.

How do I fix this? Do I uninstall gmail updates ? I don't see any settings in gmail indicating the intervals for syncing or pushing email

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Are there any other problems this causes? I ask because I had cleared google services framework many times over and over but never got update and when got the error with updating apps, removed and added google account, problem fixed but my gmail is not getting emails instantly.

I open gmail and don't see any new emails but if I pull down to refresh it the number above says x amount unread and then a few seconds later all the new emails appear.

How do I fix this? Do I uninstall gmail updates ? I don't see any settings in gmail indicating the intervals for syncing or pushing email

With Gmail issues like this, the first thing I suggest doing is clearing all app data from GMail. Then, when you go back to gmail it will have to fully refresh your mailbox, but often this fixes issues with emails not being sync correctly.

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

I cleared the data under apps>gmail >clear data then went back to gmail. It said please wait while syncing your mail then all emails loaded. Left for a while and then went back and manually refreshed and there were unread emails so still not syncing.

I have gmail 4.5.? Should I uninstall updates?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I cleared the data under apps>gmail >clear data then went back to gmail. It said please wait while syncing your mail then all emails loaded. Left for a while and then went back and manually refreshed and there were unread emails so still not syncing.

I have gmail 4.5.? Should I uninstall updates?
check if settings-->google-->[your email]-->gmail is checked

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

I checked that and it was on, turned it off then back on & it said syncing but after that i still get no notifications.

I did find drive was unchecked so decided to check that box.

Are there any other things I should try or is factory reset only option? Might try uninstalling gmail updates before doing reset

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

I just got the 4.3 update notice but says WiFi download only until Aug 1st. Should I factory reset then update or just go ahead and update and hope it fixes my notification problems? Or is it update and then factory reset if problems persist?

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

It seems to be syncing now!! I went ahead and uninstalled gmail updates and then updated gmail again and now I am getting notifications

adie2good

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

Ive downloaded 4.3. I then went to watch a a TV series I was half way through that I downloaded onto my nexus 7, it keeps saying "unsupported android version" when selecting MX player. Ive removed MX player and tried to play the TV programmes via video player and it says "can't play this video"
I know it works because I watched half the tv series before the update!!! Its almost like the update has put restrictions in my nexus 7.

Also why is it washing MX player is now no longer supported on my android.
What the hell have they done :(

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Ive downloaded 4.3. I then went to watch a a TV series I was half way through that I downloaded onto my nexus 7, it keeps saying "unsupported android version" when selecting MX player. Ive removed MX player and tried to play the TV programmes via video player and it says "can't play this video"
I know it works because I watched half the tv series before the update!!! Its almost like the update has put restrictions in my nexus 7.

Also why is it washing MX player is now no longer supported on my android.
What the hell have they done :(

MX Player has not yet been updated to run on 4.3. Check the format of the video [.mov, mpg, .avi, ETC] to make sure your player supports it. you also may need the correct codec installed to get the audio stream to play.

EDIT: go here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mx-videoplayer to encourage the Dev to either authorize the app on 4.3 or speedily update it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay