Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 10: 4.3 update cant download apps

hi newbee here. after I downloaded the 4.3 update I noticed I couldn't download any apps from the play store, I comes up with an error message, also it won't update any of my downloaded apps. any help would be appreisiated
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-11-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Remove your gmail account and then add it again. You can do this by going to settings, accounts, select your account from the list, push the three dots in the top right corner and then select removing account. When it is done remove go to add account and then fill out your information from there.
    Last edited by neonworm; 07-29-2013 at 05:39 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: 4.3 update cant download apps

thanks for your reply, I'll try it. I'll let u know how I get on.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

hi neonworm, thankyou , I followed your instructions, all sorted now. cheers
    Devlyn16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyio View Post
    Your welcome

Posted via Android Central App

Excellent!

Thank you for posting this

Did you clear framework to get here?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I can't remove my Google account on my Nexus 7. There is no option for that available, the only command you get when you click the three dots is "sync now." Any idea what I can do short of doing a full factory reset? Thanks!

Click on your account name on that screen. Then the three dots then remove account.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

you must have cleared google service framework. that causes some issues with playstore.
    Its better not to do it in future just a suggestion

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Are there any other problems this causes? I ask because I had cleared google services framework many times over and over but never got update and when got the error with updating apps, removed and added google account, problem fixed but my gmail is not getting emails instantly.

I open gmail and don't see any new emails but if I pull down to refresh it the number above says x amount unread and then a few seconds later all the new emails appear.

How do I fix this? Do I uninstall gmail updates ? I don't see any settings in gmail indicating the intervals for syncing or pushing email

Quote Originally Posted by nexus89 View Post
    Are there any other problems this causes? I ask because I had cleared google services framework many times over and over but never got update and when got the error with updating apps, removed and added google account, problem fixed but my gmail is not getting emails instantly.

I open gmail and don't see any new emails but if I pull down to refresh it the number above says x amount unread and then a few seconds later all the new emails appear.

How do I fix this? Do I uninstall gmail updates ? I don't see any settings in gmail indicating the intervals for syncing or pushing email
    With Gmail issues like this, the first thing I suggest doing is clearing all app data from GMail. Then, when you go back to gmail it will have to fully refresh your mailbox, but often this fixes issues with emails not being sync correctly.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

I cleared the data under apps>gmail >clear data then went back to gmail. It said please wait while syncing your mail then all emails loaded. Left for a while and then went back and manually refreshed and there were unread emails so still not syncing.

I have gmail 4.5.? Should I uninstall updates?

Quote Originally Posted by nexus89 View Post
    I cleared the data under apps>gmail >clear data then went back to gmail. It said please wait while syncing your mail then all emails loaded. Left for a while and then went back and manually refreshed and there were unread emails so still not syncing.

I have gmail 4.5.? Should I uninstall updates?
    check if settings-->google-->[your email]-->gmail is checked

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

I checked that and it was on, turned it off then back on & it said syncing but after that i still get no notifications.

I did find drive was unchecked so decided to check that box.

Are there any other things I should try or is factory reset only option? Might try uninstalling gmail updates before doing reset

Hello my Nexus 4 keeps saying couldn't download 4.3. what should I do?

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

I just got the 4.3 update notice but says WiFi download only until Aug 1st. Should I factory reset then update or just go ahead and update and hope it fixes my notification problems? Or is it update and then factory reset if problems persist?

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

It seems to be syncing now!! I went ahead and uninstalled gmail updates and then updated gmail again and now I am getting notifications

Ive downloaded 4.3. I then went to watch a a TV series I was half way through that I downloaded onto my nexus 7, it keeps saying "unsupported android version" when selecting MX player. Ive removed MX player and tried to play the TV programmes via video player and it says "can't play this video"
    I know it works because I watched half the tv series before the update!!! Its almost like the update has put restrictions in my nexus 7.

Also why is it washing MX player is now no longer supported on my android.
    What the hell have they done

Quote Originally Posted by adie2good View Post
    Ive downloaded 4.3. I then went to watch a a TV series I was half way through that I downloaded onto my nexus 7, it keeps saying "unsupported android version" when selecting MX player. Ive removed MX player and tried to play the TV programmes via video player and it says "can't play this video"
    I know it works because I watched half the tv series before the update!!! Its almost like the update has put restrictions in my nexus 7.

Also why is it washing MX player is now no longer supported on my android.
    What the hell have they done
    MX Player has not yet been updated to run on 4.3. Check the format of the video [.mov, mpg, .avi, ETC] to make sure your player supports it. you also may need the correct codec installed to get the audio stream to play.

EDIT: go here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mx-videoplayer to encourage the Dev to either authorize the app on 4.3 or speedily update it
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    MX Player has not yet been updated to run on 4.3. Check the format of the video [.mov, mpg, .avi, ETC] to make sure your player supports it. you also may need the correct codec installed to get the audio stream to play.
    Ive tried a film I downloaded and their fine, its just "the wire" TV series that now doesn't work.
    Any advice on what or how to get the correct codec and video player?

I tried a movie and that worked fine using the video player.
    The TV series I was watching before the update is all AVI, any suggestions that I need to do such as the codecs etc? The avi files were fine till the update

Thank you for your help! up and running again. 4.3 has made my son's nex7 run like a beast again. And I was going to use this as a "reason" for picking up a nex7v2. now I need new excuse...

Thats true!

I dont have a *remove account* option!
    And its the same in my nexus 4 and 7

Heeelp!

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Remove your gmail account and then add it again. You can do this by going to settings, accounts, select your account from the list, push the three dots in the top right corner and then select removing account. When it is done remove go to add account and then fill out your information from there.

Hey!! Please help!
    I've been searching for the answer un many forums, but nothing seems to work on my nexus devices. (4 and 7)
    My apps won't update.
    I've tried clearing the cache, I even did a wipe out on my nexus 7 and now I cant download anything.
    There's no "remove account" option un either of the devices.

I dont know what to do anymore.

I don't know much about this so I haven't rooted anything

If anyone could help would be awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast