Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Files in download folder disappearing.

    I've had a recurring problem where files added to my download folder, particularly from online sources, don't persist. After a while, they just aren't there anymore. Is this a known issue?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Files in download folder disappearing.

    Are you referring to the Downloads shortcut "app"? There should be an option to select what time frame to display. Default is downloads from Today, but if you tap on Today, you should be able to change the time frame for which downloads to display.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Files in download folder disappearing.

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Are you referring to the Downloads shortcut "app"? There should be an option to select what time frame to display. Default is downloads from Today, but if you tap on Today, you should be able to change the time frame for which downloads to display.
    My Downloads shortcut app has no options to change. Just says "no downloads" in the middle of the screen............ which is currently correct in my case.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Files in download folder disappearing.

    Could any one tell me how to send new post on android central forum

    thanks
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Files in download folder disappearing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yogesh Bangar View Post
    Could any one tell me how to send new post on android central forum

    thanks
    You may not have enough posts under your belt yet to create new threads.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Files in download folder disappearing.

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Are you referring to the Downloads shortcut "app"? There should be an option to select what time frame to display. Default is downloads from Today, but if you tap on Today, you should be able to change the time frame for which downloads to display.
    ATM, I am using a file viewer. Kind of like Windows Explorer for Android. My regular ol' Download folder just loses files sometimes. If I move them out they are fine, but sometimes files inside of tha folder aren't retained for long. I'll see if my view settings impose a time frame.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Files in download folder disappearing.

    Have you found a solution to this yet? I'm experiencing the same problem. I've downloaded roms/ emulators and music onto my tablet, only to find that they're missing just a few minutes later. I use a file explorer to try and search for them, but nothing.

    Not sure if related, but when I try to download a small app off of the play market, it says insufficient space, even though all memory devices have Plenty of free space. Could it possibly be an issue with the SD card?

    Lastly, I just want to reiterate that downloaded apps are fine. Its just files that would normally be found in the Download/ downloads folder.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Files in download folder disappearing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Ballard View Post
    Have you found a solution to this yet? I'm experiencing the same problem. I've downloaded roms/ emulators and music onto my tablet, only to find that they're missing just a few minutes later. I use a file explorer to try and search for them, but nothing.

    Not sure if related, but when I try to download a small app off of the play market, it says insufficient space, even though all memory devices have Plenty of free space. Could it possibly be an issue with the SD card?

    Lastly, I just want to reiterate that downloaded apps are fine. Its just files that would normally be found in the Download/ downloads folder.
    I've just gotten into the habit of transferring files from Downloads to other folders using my File Explorer app.

Similar Threads

  1. So what's new 4.3?
    By thecure13 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 11:11 AM
  2. Samsung Link - Package File is invalid.
    By designwebs in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 10:08 AM
  3. Nexus 4 is coming in the mail today... help with rooting?
    By mypancakeslookfine in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 03:40 PM
  4. samsung s3 update cannot view anything in gallery
    By elinen in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 10:59 AM
  5. Cases in BULK
    By JimelJ in forum Cases, Skins and Screen Protectors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions