What's the Thing with Amazon App Store

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I used to have a Kindle Fire so when I saw the Amazon App Store had android apps, I went for it. I was able to download some apps that I used to have on my Kindle Fire--some free, some paid. Today when I went to play some games, I got a popup message saying that I must be signed into the Amazon App Store to play the games. Well, I uninstalled those apps including the Amazon App Store app. I'm not sure if this problem was caused by Amazon or Google. I'm curious to find out the source and I hope someone on here can tell me. Thanks.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, the Amazon Tablet App was updated on 8/8/13. If you noticed after that my guess is Amazon had something to do with it.

dmaul3300

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
To access apps you have downloaded from the Amazon app store, you need to be logged on the Amazon app. About a year ago, I contacted amazon about this and was told that you needed to be logged in to their app store to authenticate you owned the app weather it was a free app or a paid app.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess you are both correct. I had no problems until just the other day though. I'm a long time Amazon customer including being a Prime member. I'm done with the Amazon App Store though. That's a real pita to have to sign in to play a game that you've purchased. Play doesn't make you do that........Yet.

Raypundo

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I found this as well over the weekend. I use my tablet at home 99% of the time (with a network connection). I have gotten the odd free app of the day for the kids and could not use them camping (no network connection), it was disappointing.

There still is value in getting the paid app vs. the Ad supported app for the kids (3 year old just mashes buttons), but note to self if I want the app "properly" for myself both on and off line to get it via the Play Store.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for confirming this Raypundo. Another thing thing that happened is the made an upgrande to Kindle and that added a bunch of foreign dictionaries and manuals to Manage My Kindle. I don't read very often on my tablet or phones nor do I visit Manage My Kindle very often since I buy books using whispernet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user