Got an update to 4.3...but I already have 4.3

phaeton

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got an update notification on my Nexus 10 that is only 1.8MB, and will update my tablet to 4.3.

The problem is, I am already at 4.3, and this update doesn't have any deeper version number, just plain old 4.3.

Anyone else getting this?

For the record, I am unrooted, running stock jb4.3.

I hate to say it, but the weirdness of this of this is making me hesitate to install it.

Banefire

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Google is rolling out an update today. I thought it was for the New Nexus 7 only but I could be wrong. I also have the update. I am currently running a backup of my Nexus 10 before installing it. The update is from Google.

phaeton

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
seems legit.

The only thing it really notes that is different from the last 4.3 update (I think) is a reference to keep.

Strange.

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Just turned on my Nexus 10 saw there was an update for 4.3. Came here first to see what it was before installing since I already have 4.3. Thanks for the info everyone.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to wait and let mine come naturally for a change. Since there are no new features with this I don't feel the need to rush things.

midnite_blue

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
So this is this a perfectly fine update? I got it 2-3 days ago and I was like what is that? Guess I'll install it now.

I wonder why Google doesn't provide a heads up for this kind of thing, in this era of hacking scams. How hard would it be to give us a little notice, for example, on their blog?

Kudos to T-Mobile for putting out the word... my carrier was silent on this.

midnite_blue

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I meant 'what's it do.' But thanks... can't hurt to make sure that's clear... and that your device's current build number is shown at Settings / System / About tablet.