- 1 Posts
Miracast/wireless display on Samsung SmartTV
I recently got a Samsung SmartTV 2013, model UN60F7050AF (which is the same as the 7100 model).
Samsung devices implement Miracast under the AllShare brand.
I tried to connect my Nexus 10 Android 4.3 tablet to the TV and it doesn't work. I tried this:
- Set the tv to mirror screen
- Set the tablet to discover wireless displays.
- I see the ledtv and i select it. Both the tv and the tablet say connecting...
- For a moment the tv says android device connected, then it closes the screen and says it disconnected.
- The tablet loses the ledtv from the list
Is there a way to make them work? Is Samsung's implementation propietary? Devices should be interoperable...
- 09-15-2013, 05:54 AM #2
- 09-15-2013, 09:39 AM #3
- 09-15-2013, 01:39 PM #4
- 38 Posts
Re: Miracast/wireless display on Samsung SmartTV
I recently got one of these Netgear devices that supports BOTH Miracast and Samsung's Allshare.
It also supports Widi if your computer's Intel processor has Widi capability.
Link to device: PTV3000
Overall, it is far from perfect. I have been able to mirror both my current phone (Samsung GS III) and my Nexus 10, but things have been very laggy/choppy. I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet other than updating the firmware, but I am hoping that it will function well and provide similar functionality to mirroring my iPad over the Apple TV.
- 12-09-2013, 04:36 AM #5
- By wpnokia920 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 09-16-2013, 08:59 AM
- By Mario Luigi in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 09-16-2013, 08:50 AM
- By pseudoware in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 8Last Post: 09-15-2013, 08:17 PM
- By eclein in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 09-15-2013, 08:56 AM
- By Plow13 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 09-14-2013, 10:45 PM