Stock charger only charging 5% per hour

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Idk why but my Nexus 10 has been really off now. I been using stock charger everyday and my charge times has always been around 5 hours and a half to go from 0% to 100%. Now its gotten ridiculous. My charge time going by 5% per hour would mean 20 hour charge time. I thought its been weird that lately when I have it plugged in and running some minor browsing at the lowest brightness my battery percentage was still going down but I thought it was just crappy battery life after android 4.3. So I ran a test today where I set timers where I would check my charge times on every hour and base it off what my previous charge times where. the results are terrible from my previous test when i first got this device

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Idk why but my Nexus 10 has been really off now. I been using stock charger everyday and my charge times has always been around 5 hours and a half to go from 0% to 100%. Now its gotten ridiculous. My charge time going by 5% per hour would mean 20 hour charge time. I thought its been weird that lately when I have it plugged in and running some minor browsing at the lowest brightness my battery percentage was still going down but I thought it was just crappy battery life after android 4.3. So I ran a test today where I set timers where I would check my charge times on every hour and base it off what my previous charge times where. the results are terrible from my previous test when i first got this device

Do you always drop your battery charge so low?

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you always drop your battery charge so low?

nope i just put it on the charger at any time. I did 3 cycles to zero when i first got it though. I've had this one for 8 months. took the other one back to the store due to light bleed being to major.I usually always keep it plugged in.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
nope i just put it on the charger at any time. I did 3 cycles to zero when i first got it though. I've had this one for 8 months. took the other one back to the store due to light bleed being to major.I usually always keep it plugged in.
Honestly not sure what to suggest. Maybe an app to test your battery's overall health? If you are running the incorrect voltage, or something.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Honestly not sure what to suggest. Maybe an app to test your battery's overall health? If you are running the incorrect voltage, or something.

I figured it out. the stock charger has gone to crap. I tried my amazon basics 2.1amp charger and speeds went back to normal. It's weird to have a stock charger that malfunction and able to charge about 10% its normal speed. Sucks cause I was trying to sell my Nexus 10 as everything stock. I wanted to sell and put some money to the Galaxy Note 3 because its more portable and lets face it, Nexus 10 had very noticeable problems. From getting hot, to crap battery life, to slow charging to random reboots, lightbleeds and the list goes on. which always gets promised to get fixed which they push a update which makes you think its fixed but the problems just are less frequent. Samsung discovered the problems and swept them under the rug to introduce the arm big.little processor to get around alot of these problems.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out. the stock charger has gone to crap. I tried my amazon basics 2.1amp charger and speeds went back to normal. It's weird to have a stock charger that malfunction and able to charge about 10% its normal speed. Sucks cause I was trying to sell my Nexus 10 as everything stock. I wanted to sell and put some money to the Galaxy Note 3 because its more portable and lets face it, Nexus 10 had very noticeable problems. From getting hot, to crap battery life, to slow charging to random reboots, lightbleeds and the list goes on. which always gets promised to get fixed which they push a update which makes you think its fixed but the problems just are less frequent. Samsung discovered the problems and swept them under the rug to introduce the arm big.little processor to get around alot of these problems.

Glad you figured it out.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
From getting hot, to crap battery life, to slow charging to random reboots, lightbleeds

Every fast tablet gets hot, although it does seem more concentrated on the fast N10.
My battery life is fine.
Slow charging is due to using a standard USB port, which I like.
Random reboots happen on other Android devices also, I don't think that is an N10 feature.
I have no noticeable light bleeding.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Every fast tablet gets hot, although it does seem more concentrated on the fast N10.
My battery life is fine.
Slow charging is due to using a standard USB port, which I like.
Random reboots happen on other Android devices also, I don't think that is an N10 feature.
I have no noticeable light bleeding.

Well my battery life sucks in games. Its weird that if i touch the brightness at all it acts like its on max cause playing a game at 5 to 10% will drain it fast. And i don't really notice a difference between 5% brightness gaming and 100% gaming cause the battery drain is pretty close. But zero brightness and its very acceptable, stable battery drain. Gaming for a hour at 5% brightness equals 20% battery drain. Not sure why cause Samsung says the nexus 10 display was suppose to consume less power than a typical lcd. I think I'm gonna stop buying Samsung tablets, they just keep pushing for high resolution at the cost of battery life. Their new 2013 note 10 has the same resolution as the Nexus 10. I don't want to buy something with the gpu almost maxed out of the gate. Just give me 1080p