Your 2014 Nexus 10.2 Wishlist

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing is, the only thing I'd like to see in the next Nexus 10 is a screen with better sunlight visibility. That's really the only thing that would cause me to upgrade. And, preferably, it would be something like Amazon has implemented in the next Kindles, not just increasing the brightness (and killing the battery life).

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the current Nexus 10.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Really? I'm using it right now outside in direct sunlight. Maybe it's because I also have a Note 2, whose Super AMOLED is horrible outside, but the Nexus 10's visibility seems pretty good to me.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Really? I'm using it right now outside in direct sunlight. Maybe it's because I also have a Note 2, whose Super AMOLED is horrible outside, but the Nexus 10's visibility seems pretty good to me.

I'll be damned, you're right. I hadn't really tried it, and it turns out it's not bad at all. Yeesh, all this time... Huge assumption on my part, kind of embarrassing.

So, okay, then I'm actually fine with the current Nexus 10.

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Wish list

- less weight
- smaller bezel by just a bit, but definitely needs some bezel to hold while laying down
- faster charging
- wireless charging
- same or better battery life
- no lockups
- keyboard for pogo port like a Transformer
- 64 GB option
- keep the front speakers
- oleophobic screen and back cover
- faster multi-user switching

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
There is no "lag" on the Nexus 10.
However, there is some spontaneous rebooting. But it seems to have started with 4.2, then improved but not disappeared with 4.3. It generally seems pretty rare. But I am not sure any 4.2/3 tablet is immune from occasional rebooting.

Seriously? I've done just about everything to alleviate the lag, but it's still there. Don't get me wrong, this is my favorite Android tablet, but the quirks are numerous: lag (in the form of slow frame rates) using just about any launcher except Nova, spontaneous reboots (from 4.0 to 4.4.2), total freezes (4.4.2), and the one that drives me up the wall, home screen redraws that can take upwards of FIVE SECONDS! I'm embarrassed to let my wife use it and have any of those problems arise because I always hear, "My iPad2 doesn't do it" and she's right.

I just did a factory reset to fix the lingering issues with updating to 4.4.2. Seems to be running well for now.

No lag? I haven't seem ANY Android device that doesn't exhibit at least SOME lag, but that seems to be the price to pay for a true multitasking OS.

TJH

Posted via Android Central App

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? I've done just about everything to alleviate the lag, but it's still there. Don't get me wrong, this is my favorite Android tablet, but the quirks are numerous: lag (in the form of slow frame rates) using just about any launcher except Nova, spontaneous reboots (from 4.0 to 4.4.2), total freezes (4.4.2), and the one that drives me up the wall, home screen redraws that can take upwards of FIVE SECONDS! I'm embarrassed to let my wife use it and have any of those problems arise because I always hear, "My iPad2 doesn't do it" and she's right.

I just did a factory reset to fix the lingering issues with updating to 4.4.2. Seems to be running well for now.

No lag? I haven't seem ANY Android device that doesn't exhibit at least SOME lag, but that seems to be the price to pay for a true multitasking OS.

TJH

My nexus 10 had the reboots but no lag that I would write home about. Not any more than my nexus 5 and I HATE lag. I really think that tablet was a mixed bag with user experience. My reboots were every so often. Some had reboots multiple times a day. It was def my favorite tablet too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

TJH

It isnt my place to say if your Nexus 10 has lag but based on reports here, my nexus 10 is among a good number of those without lag. which along with my Moto X not lagging and my son's Nexus 7 not lagging indicates to me that not all Androids have some lag.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It isnt my place to say if your Nexus 10 has lag but based on reports here, my nexus 10 is among a good number of those without lag. which along with my Moto X not lagging and my son's Nexus 7 not lagging indicates to me that not all Androids have some lag.

Not to be contrary, but try this on ANY device: open the Play Store, swipe in from the left and select 'My Apps.' Watch as the menu beats a hurky-jerky retreat off screen. Or, open Google+ and give it a good swipe up and watch it chug along.

I have the same devices as you and find the Moto X to be near flawless, but not as buttery and svelte as the titular projects would indicate.

TJH

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Not to be contrary, but try this on ANY device: open the Play Store, swipe in from the left and select 'My Apps.' Watch as the menu beats a hurky-jerky retreat off screen. Or, open Google+ and give it a good swipe up and watch it chug along.

I have the same devices as you and find the Moto X to be near flawless, but not as buttery and svelte as the titular projects would indicate.

TJH

I will test these [ I am at work and cannot acess my devices] but these are specific APPS is it not possible the lag is APP specific? What method are you using to determine it is ANDROID and not the APP?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
- Keep the same type of plastic on the back
-Wouldn't mind better battery life
-Snapdragon 800
-3gb ram
-Keep front facing speakers but make them better (somewhat like HTC one)
-Faster charging. I don't want to wait for a pogo charger, make a good charger that comes stock. I would prefer one that goes into the nexus 10 because the magnetic is easy to disconnect.
- I wouldn't mind if they kept the 300ppi I think it is amazing.
-This is more of a software request but I want them to make the tablet feel more like the nexus 5. I want a Google now launcher, option to switch between launchers, and a battery percent on the notification bar.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Looks wise I don't mind this tablet but I would like thinner bezels, some aluminum accents, and a better screen. Honestly they could probably keep using the same screens but spend a couple bucks to calibrate them, use in-cell touch, and fix the terrible quality control with the light leaks.
Under the hood I wouldn't mind a bump in battery size, but I don't really have any issue with the one currently in the tablet, faster ram (which is our devices bottleneck), a better GPU, and a more efficient processor. I don't necessarily need a quad or octocore processor but I know that's where this is going!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The big features for me would be processing power (quad core and dedicated graphics?) so that it can power through hi res videos and games. Extra ram might help there too. It will mostly be used as a roadtrip entertainment system for the kids. And then the screen upgrade should fit that idea as well. I'd even welcome the larger screen rumor. Sd card slot.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
The big features for me would be processing power (quad core and dedicated graphics?) so that it can power through hi res videos and games. Extra ram might help there too. It will mostly be used as a roadtrip entertainment system for the kids. And then the screen upgrade should fit that idea as well. I'd even welcome the larger screen rumor. Sd card slot.

The existing N10 already can power through hi res video and games (and adding more cores will change almost nothing, anyway; faster cores maybe, more cores not really). SD card is NOT going to happen- Google hates SD cards. Larger screen- that might be interesting; but I think 10" is the sweet spot for the larger tablets. Personally, I wouldn't want to see it any larger than letter sized paper... just for compatibility with such sizes. But that does mean it can probably get an inch more on the diagonal.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My wish is that it would be released. "Announced" even. Now that CES is hours away from ending, I have to give up hope for a new Nexus 10.

djm7541

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Nexus 10 last August. It seemed like a debatable decision, then. I figured the new one would be coming out in October.

But with the passage of each month, I am happier and happier that I didn't wait. Even if the new one comes out in a week or two, I'd probably wait until May or June, to see if there were any "issues" with the new model. Or maybe I'd just not even want to upgrade.

But in any case, I would not have guessed that we'd still be here in January, still waiting.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My wish is that it would be released. "Announced" even. Now that CES is hours away from ending, I have to give up hope for a new Nexus 10.

I'm going to still wait. I have my ancient Asus EEEpad still putting along for now... although getting buggier by the day until I decide to install a new ROM.

I have to guess that they have run into some supply issues with production and that it took a back seat to Samsung's new releases. It should be free and clear of all that now and should just be a matter of time..... famous last words.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The existing N10 already can power through hi res video and games (and adding more cores will change almost nothing, anyway; faster cores maybe, more cores not really). SD card is NOT going to happen- Google hates SD cards. Larger screen- that might be interesting; but I think 10" is the sweet spot for the larger tablets. Personally, I wouldn't want to see it any larger than letter sized paper... just for compatibility with such sizes. But that does mean it can probably get an inch more on the diagonal.

Interesting... with quad core, I was just speculating that it might be able to handle more background processes more smoothly as opposed to dual cores having to timeout for stuff. I suppose software must be written to take advantage of such stuff. But a better dedicated graphics engine would certainly up the ante.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz