ask about Nexus 10's battery?

Sanada Yukimura

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody
I bought the Nexus 10 1 week ago, but I feel that it's battery drains so fast. When it is in sleep mode with wifi on, the battery drops from 100% to 97% in 2 hours. Does the battery have problem?

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I put mine in airplane mode when I'm not using it. It won't lose any battery while idle that way. I usually get 6-7 hours screen time out of a charge with my nexus 10, and I'm pretty aggressive with the brightness being low. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my XT1060

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello everybody
I bought the Nexus 10 1 week ago, but I feel that it's battery drains so fast. When it is in sleep mode with wifi on, the battery drops from 100% to 97% in 2 hours. Does the battery have problem?

That's kind of high, though not alarmingly...but it really depends on what you have running on it. I suggest going into the settings and looking at your accounts and turn off syncing for anything you don't need. Turn off stuff you may not need as well if you're not using it (bluetooth, GPS, etc)

If your tablet is rooted, you can try the Greenify app as well, though I use and find the overall battery savings, while noticeable, aren't that great.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello everybody I bought the Nexus 10 1 week ago,

new?

but I feel that it's battery drains so fast. When it is in sleep mode with wifi on, the battery drops from 100% to 97% in 2 hours. Does the battery have problem?

1) If it is new, it is too new to tell. It will take several full charge cycles to gain maximum battery life.
2) The battery meter is not that exact
3) Battery drain while in standby can be affected by tons of things, including apps and services you have installed.
4) Rounding. 100 could be 99.5 and 97 could be 97.5, in which case that is 2%. 2% in 2 hours = 100 hours of standby = 4.16 days. Not alarming even for a worst case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay