Google Play Music CRAP

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Atleast when I bought it from the play store I linked it to my account. Maybe my assumption that involved with signing in right after the first start with my Google account triggers a download of all the apps on my account.

No other device I have automatically installs my apps.

Posted via Android Central App

Ahh... I see what you are getting at. When you order it from the Play Store you can have them put your gmail account in it already. If you buy it somewhere else you put that in yourself and are then offered the choice to auto install all your current apps or later install them one at a time (or from a back up you might have). ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, that did occur to me and might be something I will like try. Of course, it is not terribly easy since it has no USB Mass Storage mode (damnit) and no SD card. Blech.

That may not be as big an issue as you imagine if you have all your .mp3 files on your PC. You can still copy them in groups from your PC to the music folder of your tablet. I did that initially with my Galaxy Nexus, before I started using Pandora and Google All Access music. Just make sure you have it in MTTP mode and not PTP. Windows PC can use it right away. Macs need the Android File Transfer software.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
That may not be as big an issue as you imagine if you have all your .mp3 files on your PC. You can still copy them in groups from your PC to the music folder of your tablet.

Unfortunately not because MTP is a bastardization and doesn't work well in Linux at all. I do hope that gets added as a WORKING user-space mount option in file browsers like Dolphin and Thunar soon, though. Not sure why it is taking so long.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Can't stream your Google music from Rocket (although I do like Rocket for playing music stored on my phone).

I had a thought, related to what was said about updates above -- why not go into Apps, click on Uninstall Updates, and see how it works then? If all is well, go back and let it update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

wetink

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
It is probably in conflict with another app you have. I use it any time I am on my 10 and it has never. I have a nice library and am a paying member so I am constantly adding and removing music.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Today there was a Google Play Music app update and lo-and-behold, the problems are gone. Now it works again after being broken for months (and across multiple updates). I can open Play Music and it doesn't crash. I can navigate through my music and things all seem to work. Not sure if my bug report and logging info had anything to do with it, because they never really interacted with me on a technical level. But at least it is fixed (and I did Email them that info).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance