Nexus 10 (2013) Leaks and Info

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
So many leaks on the Nexus 5 and we get almost nothing on the upcoming Nexus 10 (2013)

The only leak I've seen is that it will be Asus making the new Nexus 10.
Next-gen Nexus 10 could come from Asus not Samsung | Tablets - CNET Reviews

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with all the leaked info out there on the new Nexus 10. So if anyone has anything else please share.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Here is the back of the new Nexus 10 made by Asus. Not sure if this is a fake. Or is that the Nexus 7?

Update: Yep misleading article. It is the N7. Well at least this serves as a reference of what the new N10 probably will look like. Digging the camera on the corner as it should be easier to take portrait and landscape pictures.

Nexus7-9530.jpg

http://www.cultofandroid.com/42691/new-leak-confirms-asus-will-make-googles-new-nexus-10/

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I am most interested in the new form factor, I personally do not like the look and feel of the Samsung Nexus 10. Looking forward to Asus Nexus 7 type look and feel.

Add to that smaller overall size (reduced bezel) and lighter this should be an amazing tablet.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a problem with the look and feel of the current gen N10. But if that picture upthread is real, I might have a problem -- one of the knocks against the current generation is how tall it feels holding it in portrait. The pic above looks like it would feel wildly tall in portrait. That's way too wide for a 10" tab.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a problem with the look and feel of the current gen N10. But if that picture upthread is real, I might have a problem -- one of the knocks against the current generation is how tall it feels holding it in portrait. The pic above looks like it would feel wildly tall in portrait. That's way too wide for a 10" tab.

I cannot imagine the new version being taller than the current model. If the screen is the same size and bezels are reduced I am hoping we are going to see in the 10 inch range for height. Unless the screen size is reduced you are not going to see it the same height as the ipad if thats what your complaint is??

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I like the current look and feel of the current nexus 10, the thing I did like most about Asus devices is that they are two square and pointy, so they tend to be uncomfortable on or in your hands. One of the biggest feathers that I like on the Samsung nexus is the fact that the speakers are on the front. It makes so much more sense to have them be on the front rather than in the back or on the sides.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So the resolution is exactly the same but we have a 2.3 GHz quad-core instead of a 1.7 GHz dual core and 3GB of RAM instead of 2GB.

Nice, but not a compelling enough upgrade for me.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
So the resolution is exactly the same but we have a 2.3 GHz quad-core instead of a 1.7 GHz dual core and 3GB of RAM instead of 2GB.

Nice, but not a compelling enough upgrade for me.

Well we do not know for certain but the processor and ram are likely accurate. The resolution who knows.

And I would agree, if you already have one might not be worth an upgrade, for me it was the same with the Nexus 7 I have the original and saw no real reason to upgrade.

phoenix5724

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Well we do not know for certain but the processor and ram are likely accurate. The resolution who knows.

And I would agree, if you already have one might not be worth an upgrade, for me it was the same with the Nexus 7 I have the original and saw no real reason to upgrade.

^ lol @ this guy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but on this you are wrong.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
^ lol @ this guy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but on this you are wrong.

Posting like this really comes across as just trying to pick a fight. Many, many, many people did not find the need to upgrade from the 2012 n7 to the 2013 model. Myself included. No one is "wrong" for justifying how to spend their money.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I did not say the Nexus 7 2013 was not a great tablet, I said for me having the 2012 I did not see the need to upgrade since I purchased it less than a year before. Much the same as some 2012 nexus 10 owners will feel about the new version. We are me not owning one see it as a great deal.

Anyways moving on, still looking forward to some concrete Nexus 10 news.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
We should probably enjoy our last 24 hours as the only 10" Nexus tablet subforum on AC. We've already been dumped from the "Top Forums" list at the top of the page. Tomorrow, I'm pretty sure we're going to be labeled "Old" or something along those lines . . . sniff.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
We should probably enjoy our last 24 hours as the only 10" Nexus tablet subforum on AC. We've already been dumped from the "Top Forums" list at the top of the page. Tomorrow, I'm pretty sure we're going to be labeled "Old" or something along those lines . . . sniff.

And, we'll no longer be able to refer to our device (on the forums at least) as the "Nexus 10" or "N10"...we will soon have to refer to it as "Nexus 10 (2012)".

I don't mind too much. The first Android tab I bought was the original Galaxy 10.1", and while it was pretty nice out of the box, within a year it was already lagging both in software updates and actual performance. It's pretty bad when you spend that much money on something only to be sick of it after a year.

With the Nexus 10 (2012), however, I'm still quite happy with it, use it ALL the time, and pretty confident I go (at least) another year on it.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a problem with the look and feel of the current gen N10.

Me neither. I think that part is almost perfect. Also, perfect screen. Perfect speaker placement. Plenty of RAM and CPU and Graphics. Cameras are fine. LOVE that it can charge with standard USB.

My top wishes would have been more storage option (32MB is not enough), even better battery life, and better heat management. I also wish for an SD slot, but I know that will never happen.

3GB of RAM? OK, that is fine, but I would MUCH rather have an option for 64GB of storage. Give me an option for both and I would be even happier.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
And, we'll no longer be able to refer to our device (on the forums at least) as the "Nexus 10" or "N10"...we will soon have to refer to it as "Nexus 10 (2012)".

Not me. There is a solution that is simple I wish sites would use: Nexus 10.1 Nexus 10.2 or Nexus 10-1 Nexus 10-2. I am not going to put a stupid YEAR on the model.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Not me. There is a solution that is simple I wish sites would use: Nexus 10.1 Nexus 10.2 or Nexus 10-1 Nexus 10-2. I am not going to put a stupid YEAR on the model.

Google offers a funny solution. They call the Nexus 7 that came out in July "The New Nexus 7" on Play, which just refers to the other devices as simply "Nexus 4" and "Nexus 10." So we can still refer to ours as simply the "Nexus 10." Anyone who purchases the new one has to call it "The New Nexus 10" or "TN Nexus 10" or "TNN10."

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

That would have been the most logical way to name it.

Hoping we get some information on the "2013" version haha