Buy a NEXUS 10 32GB today or wait for the new model?

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Obviously the new one will be better! So at that point it is all about money.

If money is the issue, wait until the new one releases and then buy the older one that will inevitably go on massive sale even cheaper than it is now.

jazzman87

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly my problem! I am fairly certain that the minute I buy the old one, the new one will be released. On the other hand, I can't wait forever

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I say wait until November 15th. The last Nexus was released for purchasing on November 12th, and maybe it'll be the similar this year. At least this way you'll have information to help you make a Last year the Nexus was available for purchase.

There's also rumor of a Nexus 8... Depending on pricing I might choose between the 7, 8, or 10.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I say wait until November 15th. The last Nexus was released for purchasing on November 12th, and maybe it'll be the similar this year. At least this way you'll have information to help you make a Last year the Nexus was available for purchase.

Nov is pretty full with announcements if they don't want to compete for coverage they have to drop it this week:

Nov. 10-16 Sony Launches PS4 on Nov. 15th
Nov. 17-23 Microsoft Launches XBox One on Nov. 22nd
Nov. 24-30 US Thanksgiving and Black Friday [Traditonal start of Christmas shopping season]

jazzman87

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
What the h... is going on?! Now I read everywhere that Nexus 10 may be postponed indefinitely! I understand that Google is a superstar company but don't they understand they are pushing people to ipad with this way? Don't get me wrong, I love Google (nexus user for so many years) but at least they could release a date in order for us to know how long we should wait. Now we always run the danger of buying the old model and all of a sudden the new one gets released or we spend so much money on an Ipad and then the Nexus 10 gets released and is a beast.

Decisions....decisions...

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Ipad air for almost a month now...

How do you like it? My job wanted to give me one to replace my Motorola Droid XyBoard but I didn't take it because I am not an Apple fan and my XyBoard does everything that I want it to.

Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.

jazzman87

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Well,you are talking to a hardcore nexus user. However, ipadair is probably one of the top in its category. If your job can provide you one for free my advice is go for it! Amazing build quality and extremely responsive. If you are coming from android like me you will have to adapt to a few things but believe me it's worth it

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Well,you are talking to a hardcore nexus user. However, ipadair is probably one of the top in its category. If your job can provide you one for free my advice is go for it! Amazing build quality and extremely responsive. If you are coming from android like me you will have to adapt to a few things but believe me it's worth it

I will have to see if I can still get it, thanks for the advice!

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

What things did you have to adapt too? I have been a Xoom user for the past couple years and am considering a 32GB LTE iPad Air as a replacement for my aging tablet. Do you find the 1gb ram to be enough?
Are you experiencing any Safari/app crashes as have been reported in various forums?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

jazzman87

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Well first of all I'll state the obvious, iOS vs Android...completely different in every level. With Android you are more free to do things but with iOS you have designated choices about everything. However, there very few (if any) functions that will not satisfy you to 100%.

Now, about he RAM, I had the same question when I first bought it. I realised that Apple's products are built in a completely different way. Us Android guys are used of thinking in computer terms and calculative power "...more RAM", "...more CPU cores" etc. ipad doesn't work that way, trust me it is more than enough.

Finally about the Safari crashes. I wouldn't know anything about it simply because I have been using Chrome from the beginning, I never had crashes, only silly glitches that are harmless. This is due to the new iOS, not the hardware

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well first of all I'll state the obvious, iOS vs Android...completely different in every level. With Android you are more free to do things but with iOS you have designated choices about everything. However, there very few (if any) functions that will not satisfy you to 100%.

Now, about he RAM, I had the same question when I first bought it. I realised that Apple's products are built in a completely different way. Us Android guys are used of thinking in computer terms and calculative power "...more RAM", "...more CPU cores" etc. ipad doesn't work that way, trust me it is more than enough.

Finally about the Safari crashes. I wouldn't know anything about it simply because I have been using Chrome from the beginning, I never had crashes, only silly glitches that are harmless. This is due to the new iOS, not the hardware

That's good to hear about the hardware and ram, the main thing I'm worried about is the lack of a file manager on the iPad and how much that would affect my usage. I'm not sure if there is workarounds to this but hopefully there is.
Another thing I should ask is do you really notice a difference in the quality/quantity of tablet optimized apps in comparison to android?

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund