Have tablet apps improved?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm selling my iPad and I really want to get the nexus 10 because it's going to be so much better. However there is just one thing looming 24/7, the apps. Apps on the iPad are so good, and that's usually where all the developers go first. I noticed a bit of a drop going from an iPhone to an HTC one. As silly as it sounds, the fantasy football asp really got to me. On the iPad it was stunning but on my phone it looked so half baked. Have tablet apps improved? Do you feel restricted with your app choice? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm selling my iPad and I really want to get the nexus 10 because it's going to be so much better. However there is just one thing looming 24/7, the apps. Apps on the iPad are so good, and that's usually where all the developers go first. I noticed a bit of a drop going from an iPhone to an HTC one. As silly as it sounds, the fantasy football asp really got to me. On the iPad it was stunning but on my phone it looked so half baked. Have tablet apps improved? Do you feel restricted with your app choice? Thanks!

I think android tablet apps have improved over the years, but this is a sector I'm afraid the iPad has an upper hand in. Then again, It also depends what apps you are looking for...

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
For every Apple app there is usually some sort of equivalent Android app, with the exception of some games. Conversely, there are a lot of Android apps that allow you to customize your device that Apple does not have because Apple doesn't allow that level of customization.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Out of curiosity, which fantasy football provider are we talking about here?

Since I bought my first Android tablet a little over 2 years ago (original Galaxy tab 10.1"), the app selection has improved greatly. As many will tell you, your mileage will vary depending on what type of apps you're specifically looking for, but there a lot of great Android tablet apps out there. I won't deny that when it comes to "tablet-opimized" apps, the iPad still has Android beat, but in my opinion Android makes up for that a bit in that apps designed only for phones upscale better to tablet than their Apple counterparts.

Most active developers nowadays are, however, including tablet UI views into their apps, which is making the Android tablet experience much better. That's not trying to sugarcoat it, because as I conceded above iPad does still have Android tablets beat in this arena...but the gap has shrunk over the past year or so, and I expect will continue to do so.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I moved from an iPad to Android tablets. I don't agree that iPad has an advantage in apps today. Apple's tablet market share is dropping like it's hot.

sent from my Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34