Anybody Have 4.4 OTA?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, day 3 of the roll outs, and still nothing here in Phoenix.

I doubt Google's servers care what city or state you live in. Rollouts are done by SN, account, or MAC address, or something else which has nothing to do with your location (other than perhaps country). I don't have the update either, but it seems I am always near dead last to get them. Based on what I see with what they did with "settings" and lack of transparent nav bar, I can't say I am excited, anyway.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Well, day 3 of the roll outs, and still nothing here in Phoenix.

Posted via Android Central App

I doubt Google's servers care what city or state you live in. Rollouts are done by SN, account, or MAC address, or something else which has nothing to do with your location (other than perhaps country). I don't have the update either, but it seems I am always near dead last to get them. Based on what I see with what they did with "settings" and lack of transparent nav bar, I can't say I am excited, anyway.

I went ahead and manually installed the factory image yesterday...and I tend to agree with a lot of the folks here, that it's really not an impressive update on this device.

Many of the visual or aesthetic features simply aren't there, and the UI for the 10" tablet does feel a bit "unpolished" (i.e. the settings menu). I haven't really been running it long enough to judge performance or battery life, but thus far I'm really not seeing any noticeable difference over 4.3.

I'm not exactly saying that this update is "bad" or that it makes we want to revert back to 4.3...but at the same time, if you haven't got the update on your Nexus just yet, I wouldn't be too worried about it, you're not missing much.

EDIT: If nothing else, my tablet does seem to charge a bit faster, which is nice

Last edited:

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
LOL, same old story -- you always what what you don't have, and once you get it, you don't want it anymore. And the grass is always greener. And wherever you go, there you are.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
LOL, same old story -- you always what what you don't have, and once you get it, you don't want it anymore. And the grass is always greener. And wherever you go, there you are.

Well, I certainly wouldn't say I don't want it anymore....I'm just saying there doesn't seem to be anything *too* impressive with this update.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So disappointed by the negative comments I'm reading. How could this be, especially for a Nexus device? I thought we'd get the best and the brightest of Google's offerings, get it first, and get it stripped to raw Android. How is it the device can't handle a simple new feature of the new version (re: the transparent nav bar)? I really didn't expect the Nexus experience to go this way. I mean I adore this tablet as it is right now with 4.3, and it's very disconcerting to me that I might not so much after an update to the latest and greatest that Google has to offer.

Don't mind me pouting here, just venting spleen.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So disappointed by the negative comments I'm reading. How could this be, especially for a Nexus device? I thought we'd get the best and the brightest of Google's offerings, get it first, and get it stripped to raw Android. How is it the device can't handle a simple new feature of the new version (re: the transparent nav bar)? I really didn't expect the Nexus experience to go this way. I mean I adore this tablet as it is right now with 4.3, and it's very disconcerting to me that I might not so much after an update to the latest and greatest that Google has to offer.

Don't mind me pouting here, just venting spleen.

I totally agree. I'm a Google fan and shareholder and they've absolutely took a reputation hit with their loyal users. I see more excitement from the Chrome team then the Android team.

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting on the OTA. I don't have a windows computer that I can manually do the update. Has everyone received the OTA?

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Been waiting too. Kind of impatient but not so much that I'll run and side load it. Ever since it was announced that the update was rolling out, I've manually check for an update upon waking up and getting home from work every day haha. 4.3 has been a really good experience for me though, so yes I will be annoyed if they mucked it up any.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Been waiting too. Kind of impatient but not so much that I'll run and side load it. Ever since it was announced that the update was rolling out, I've manually check for an update upon waking up and getting home from work every day haha. 4.3 has been a really good experience for me though, so yes I will be annoyed if they mucked it up any.

No sense in checking more than once a day, since the "check now" button only works once per day and anything after that it is just lying to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1