Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Anybody Have 4.4 OTA?

So disappointed by the negative comments I'm reading. How could this be, especially for a Nexus device? I thought we'd get the best and the brightest of Google's offerings, get it first, and get it stripped to raw Android. How is it the device can't handle a simple new feature of the new version (re: the transparent nav bar)? I really didn't expect the Nexus experience to go this way. I mean I adore this tablet as it is right now with 4.3, and it's very disconcerting to me that I might not so much after an update to the latest and greatest that Google has to offer.

Don't mind me pouting here, just venting spleen.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    So disappointed by the negative comments I'm reading. How could this be, especially for a Nexus device? I thought we'd get the best and the brightest of Google's offerings, get it first, and get it stripped to raw Android. How is it the device can't handle a simple new feature of the new version (re: the transparent nav bar)? I really didn't expect the Nexus experience to go this way. I mean I adore this tablet as it is right now with 4.3, and it's very disconcerting to me that I might not so much after an update to the latest and greatest that Google has to offer.

Don't mind me pouting here, just venting spleen.

I totally agree. I'm a Google fan and shareholder and they've absolutely took a reputation hit with their loyal users. I see more excitement from the Chrome team then the Android team.

I'm still waiting on the OTA. I don't have a windows computer that I can manually do the update. Has everyone received the OTA?

Nothing here yet. Nexus 4 and 10.
    I wonder if the found a bug and stopped the rollout.... Hope not

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Been waiting too. Kind of impatient but not so much that I'll run and side load it. Ever since it was announced that the update was rolling out, I've manually check for an update upon waking up and getting home from work every day haha. 4.3 has been a really good experience for me though, so yes I will be annoyed if they mucked it up any.

I already have Kit Kat on my Nexus 5. It's nice, but I am not going crazy waiting for it on my Nexus 10.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dajobo View Post
    I'm still waiting on the OTA. I don't have a windows computer that I can manually do the update. Has everyone received the OTA?
    You don't have to use MS-Windows. You can also use Linux or MacOS.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Algus View Post
    Been waiting too. Kind of impatient but not so much that I'll run and side load it. Ever since it was announced that the update was rolling out, I've manually check for an update upon waking up and getting home from work every day haha. 4.3 has been a really good experience for me though, so yes I will be annoyed if they mucked it up any.
    No sense in checking more than once a day, since the "check now" button only works once per day and anything after that it is just lying to you.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Nothing in Chicago. Nexus 7 or 10.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobrules View Post
    Nothing in Chicago.
    It doesn't matter what city or state you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Wait... What do googles servers go by then?

Haven't received the update on my Nexus 10 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Haven't received the update on my Nexus 10 yet.
    Nope. No Kikkat on my Nexus 10 too.... I received 4.3 a day after the OTA began pushing out but for this update it's taking forever...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AC Forums mobile app
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Well there's no way to defend Google at this point. I doubt they even sold a million of these things. So after 6 days it's ridiculous. So if they did find a bug in the OTA package it's still their fault for not having the code ready in time for launch.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Google4Lifee View Post
    Wait... What do googles servers go by then?
    I don't know that anyone is really sure. With phones, it's probably a SIM identifier or MEID (because updates are pushed by the carriers), but I'm not sure with the wifi only tablets...serial numbers perhaps? Regardless, there never seems to be any geographical pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Yep I am aware of that. It has been discussed several times. I have seen other google updates push out regionally.

I got it a few days ago ota. I did the Google framework reset about seven times. Then shut it down. Booted it up and boom there it was.

I have tried forcing the update multiple times. Still haven't gotten the update.

Quote Originally Posted by RickInHouston View Post
    I got it a few days ago ota. I did the Google framework reset about seven times. Then shut it down. Booted it up and boom there it was.
    And was it worth the efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    And was it worth the efforts?

Do you guys think we will receive the update this week?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Nothing here either. Personally wouldn't mind if they stopped the rollout to fix some of the complaints (settings not having tablet ui, etc....)

crxssi and Google4Lifee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhee43 View Post
    Nothing here either. Personally wouldn't mind if they stopped the rollout to fix some of the complaints (settings not having tablet ui, etc....)

Yeah, that settings ui has to change. Its like they totally forgot about the N10!
    but watch the new nexus 10 have its settings with a tablet ui...and google will leave current nexus 10 users in the dark. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Google4Lifee View Post
    Yeah, that settings ui has to change. Its like they totally forgot about the N10!
    but watch the new nexus 10 have its settings with a tablet ui...and google will leave current nexus 10 users in the dark. :-/
    O common now, since when has Google left their users in the dark?? As I recall the moto Xoom was until recently still receiving updates... They probably just pushed the update to a select amount of devices to see how the new or lack there of ui would be received, and based off that they would determine what would happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by bkircher View Post
    O common now, since when has Google left their users in the dark?? As I recall the moto Xoom was until recently still receiving updates... They probably just pushed the update to a select amount of devices to see how the new or lack there of ui would be received, and based off that they would determine what would happen next.

Probably IS fair to guess that the settings UI could be updated in a 4.4.x.

Quote Originally Posted by bkircher View Post

Google expierence launcher exclusively...
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast