Anybody Have 4.4 OTA?

gene1138

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Installing it on mine now. I've suddenly been crazy lucky with getting updates as soon as they've been released. I've always seem to been one of the last to get an update.

Posted via Android Central App

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Installing it on mine now. I've suddenly been crazy lucky with getting updates as soon as they've been released. I've always seem to been one of the last to get an update.

Ah lucky you! Still nothing on my nexus 10... What area?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Tried forcing mine and it took a few times but it finally worked. Settings > Apps > Google Services Framework > Clear data and force stop. Then check for update again

William T Riker

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Can you pull the update link for everybody??

search output of this for the URL

adb shell dumpsys dropbox --print

If anybody else gets the OTA before installing you can get the link this way

adb devices

adb logcat -d -f /sdcard/logcat.txt *:V

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Are we still playing the location game? Lol

Just wanted to point out it is not a good idea to clear the services framework as this can break your device's connection to Google's servers and run your battery down by endlessly attempting to sync

Sent from my Nexus 10

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Just wanted to point out it is not a good idea to clear the services framework as this can break your device's connection to Google's servers and run your battery down by endlessly attempting to sync

Sent from my Nexus 10

Yeah, I think it's become obvious that location doesn't have anything to do with it.

And also concur on the Google Framework trick...after every update comes out there's always posts here from folks who have screwed something up on their device by doing it.

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 10

Did not know that. Thank you!

Ratamacue2

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I think it's become obvious that location doesn't have anything to do with it.

And also concur on the Google Framework trick...after every update comes out there's always posts here from folks who have screwed something up on their device by doing it.
I vaguely remember reading about something like this that would force an update, but it was for a different device I believe. Best to just be patient, or at least wait till the factory image gets posted.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I vaguely remember reading about something like this that would force an update, but it was for a different device I believe. Best to just be patient, or at least wait till the factory image gets posted.

It's the same trick I believe, and basically what it does is forces your device to check for a new update ahead of it's schedule. It doesn't guarantee that you'll get the update immediately (if your device isn't scheduled to get it, it won't change that), it's more or less just giving a nudge to say "Hey, don't wait until the next scheduled window to check for an update...check now!".

The problem is that, as mentioned, this service does a lot more than handle checking for updates, and clearing that data *can* have negative effects unrelated to the update check...so it's probably advisable to not do it and just be patient.

EDIT: revised wording

gene1138

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. At work and the 10 is at home. I'll see what I can do when I get home if nothing gets posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech