Anybody Have 4.4 OTA?

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Well there's no way to defend Google at this point. I doubt they even sold a million of these things. So after 6 days it's ridiculous. So if they did find a bug in the OTA package it's still their fault for not having the code ready in time for launch.

Posted via Android Central App

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Wait... What do googles servers go by then?

I don't know that anyone is really sure. With phones, it's probably a SIM identifier or MEID (because updates are pushed by the carriers), but I'm not sure with the wifi only tablets...serial numbers perhaps? Regardless, there never seems to be any geographical pattern.

kjhee43

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Nothing here either. Personally wouldn't mind if they stopped the rollout to fix some of the complaints (settings not having tablet ui, etc....)

Google4Lifee

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Nothing here either. Personally wouldn't mind if they stopped the rollout to fix some of the complaints (settings not having tablet ui, etc....)

Yeah, that settings ui has to change. Its like they totally forgot about the N10!
but watch the new nexus 10 have its settings with a tablet ui...and google will leave current nexus 10 users in the dark. :-/

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that settings ui has to change. Its like they totally forgot about the N10!
but watch the new nexus 10 have its settings with a tablet ui...and google will leave current nexus 10 users in the dark. :-/

O common now, since when has Google left their users in the dark?? As I recall the moto Xoom was until recently still receiving updates... They probably just pushed the update to a select amount of devices to see how the new or lack there of ui would be received, and based off that they would determine what would happen next.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
O common now, since when has Google left their users in the dark?? As I recall the moto Xoom was until recently still receiving updates... They probably just pushed the update to a select amount of devices to see how the new or lack there of ui would be received, and based off that they would determine what would happen next.

Probably IS fair to guess that the settings UI could be updated in a 4.4.x.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Google4Lifee

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

Google expierence launcher exclusively...

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
No sense in checking more than once a day, since the "check now" button only works once per day and anything after that it is just lying to you.

For some reason, mine won't even check anymore. Yesterday, it said last checked 11/17 and it would not check at all.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Probably IS fair to guess that the settings UI could be updated in a 4.4.x.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

I highly doubt that they'd completely stop an update rollout to fix minor aesthetic things, such as the Settings UI. Generally, it would be odd to actually pull an update from distribution unless there were actual bugs affecting performance. This may be the case...I'm not sure?--I installed the update via the factory image, and it *seems* to be working fine for me, but as we all know not everyone uses their device for the same things.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was another minor update released shortly that fixes a lot of the stuff folks are complaining about, but again, none of those seem like things that would cause an update to get pulled completely.

Google expierence launcher exclusively...

GEL was obviously developed with a phone interface in mind, specifically the Nexus 5. Given the performance of GEL on the N10 (for those that have ported it over), it's seems clear that it was never meant to run the N10 at all. It would be cool if Google would support the N10 with the GEL, but they've kinda made themselves clear that GEL is *not* a component of Kit Kat, but rather a complementary feature that (for now at least) is exclusively supported on the Nexus 5.

phaeton

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Nothing here in Atlanta. I was hoping taking a trip to San Francisco would somehow encourage the update (I know, I know) but still nada.

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Nope...still haven't received anything as well. I have tried 'the trick' and still nothing. I don't want to side load it because I am still a bit leary that they would list the update one place on their website but not another. Anyone else find that one a bit odd? I will continue to wait....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463