HTC EVO 4G > SGSIIE4GT > HTC REZOUND > GALAXY NEXUS>HTC ONE>LG G2>Moto X
    http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/2330S7

Default Re: Anybody Have 4.4 OTA?

I am anxiously waiting for it

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    JB

Nothing here in Jersey. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Nope no Kitkat update for me on my Nexus 10 yet... St. Louis MO area..

Installing it on mine now. I've suddenly been crazy lucky with getting updates as soon as they've been released. I've always seem to been one of the last to get an update.

Quote Originally Posted by gene1138 View Post
    Installing it on mine now. I've suddenly been crazy lucky with getting updates as soon as they've been released. I've always seem to been one of the last to get an update.

Ah lucky you! Still nothing on my nexus 10... What area?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

ROM
    UCLF5

Nothing in WPB Florida

Posted via the Amazing Android Central App on my Nexus 10

Tried forcing mine and it took a few times but it finally worked. Settings > Apps > Google Services Framework > Clear data and force stop. Then check for update again

Quote Originally Posted by mballs4life View Post
    Tried forcing mine and it took a few times but it finally worked. Settings > Apps > Google Services Framework > Clear data and force stop. Then check for update again
    Didn't work here. It will be ready when I get home from work hopefully.

-Jason

ROM
    4.1.1 JRO03D

Quote Originally Posted by gene1138 View Post

Can you pull the update link for everybody??

search output of this for the URL

adb shell dumpsys dropbox --print

If anybody else gets the OTA before installing you can get the link this way

adb devices

adb logcat -d -f /sdcard/logcat.txt *:V

Quote Originally Posted by mballs4life View Post
    Tried this about half a dozen times - no joy. Really looking forward to this update.

Are we still playing the location game? Lol

Just wanted to point out it is not a good idea to clear the services framework as this can break your device's connection to Google's servers and run your battery down by endlessly attempting to sync

Sent from my Nexus 10
    Thanked by:
    paintdrinkingpete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsaucev2 View Post

Just wanted to point out it is not a good idea to clear the services framework as this can break your device's connection to Google's servers and run your battery down by endlessly attempting to sync

Sent from my Nexus 10
    Yeah, I think it's become obvious that location doesn't have anything to do with it.

And also concur on the Google Framework trick...after every update comes out there's always posts here from folks who have screwed something up on their device by doing it.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsaucev2 View Post

Sent from my Nexus 10
    Did not know that. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    Yeah, I think it's become obvious that location doesn't have anything to do with it.

And also concur on the Google Framework trick...after every update comes out there's always posts here from folks who have screwed something up on their device by doing it.
    I vaguely remember reading about something like this that would force an update, but it was for a different device I believe. Best to just be patient, or at least wait till the factory image gets posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratamacue2 View Post
    I vaguely remember reading about something like this that would force an update, but it was for a different device I believe. Best to just be patient, or at least wait till the factory image gets posted.
    It's the same trick I believe, and basically what it does is forces your device to check for a new update ahead of it's schedule. It doesn't guarantee that you'll get the update immediately (if your device isn't scheduled to get it, it won't change that), it's more or less just giving a nudge to say "Hey, don't wait until the next scheduled window to check for an update...check now!".

The problem is that, as mentioned, this service does a lot more than handle checking for updates, and clearing that data *can* have negative effects unrelated to the update check...so it's probably advisable to not do it and just be patient.

EDIT: revised wording

Sorry. At work and the 10 is at home. I'll see what I can do when I get home if nothing gets posted.

I broke my check now button.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    HTC EVO 4G > SGSIIE4GT > HTC REZOUND > GALAXY NEXUS>HTC ONE>LG G2>Moto X
    http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/2330S7
    Thanked by:
    dedduck0121 likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

ROM
    Jelly Bean

I'm not playing the location game at all. I'm just looking to see when the update rollout gains traction. Google acts like they don't have the serving capability. It's not like the Nexus 10 was a best seller by any means.

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Download it from my twitter feed:

Quote Originally Posted by DNicolasL View Post
    I'm not playing the location game at all. I'm just looking to see when the update rollout gains traction. Google acts like they don't have the serving capability. It's not like the Nexus 10 was a best seller by any means.

I don't think anyone insinuated that you, the thread author, had...it's just that every time there's a thread like this everyone reporting in always says something to the effect of "Nothing here in upstate NY" or "downloading now in Phoenix!" because many used to speculate that the updates were rolled out by geographic regions. (and there was a time when that may have been the case for some carriers...but who knows?)

I also have a feeling that if Google just opened the flood gates then it would cause issues. By rolling updates in batches they avoid the inevitable bandwidth hit their servers would take (and remember, it's not just the N10 getting updates, but the two Nexus 7 tablets as well)... Every time Apple releases iOS updates, everyone I know with iPhones complains about how many hours it took to download or that they weren't even able to (at least on the first day)...I think Google is just trying to avoid this.

Another very possible reason is so that if a bug is discovered early, it's easier to pull the update and fix it before EVERYONE has installed it...though I think the strain on their bandwidth is the primary reason.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    The Framework trick *does* work, at least most of the time, to accelerate getting the update if it was going to be pushed to you. But it did hose my tablet once. Had to delete my account and add it back again.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reeper55 View Post
    I broke my check now button.
    You do realize that button does nothing when pressed more than once in a day. I believe I even read if you just checked within X hours, it will pause a few seconds and say there is no update, without ever checking.

We all just have to be patient. They push to your device, probably by serial number or account name or number or something and nothing will change that unless you want to try and flash it yourself when the files become available.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Google4Lifee likes this.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast