New Nexus 10, or not?

Amiroquai

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone please explain to me, from a business/marketing perspective, why Google doesn't share any information about whether there is even going to be a new Nexus 10 this year?
I've been a fan of Nexus devices for a long time, but have never been as annoyed by Google as I am right now. If the unit is in it's last steps of production, shipments to warehouses, or still drawing table, Google obviously knows whether it is coming this year or not. I'm not asking for any specs as I generally know what's coming. It will fit the bill no matter what small tweaks/upgrades they add to it.
Between this and the fact that I had read about some Moto X users possibly getting Kit Kat prior to me and my Nexus 4, It just really puts me off. Almost like Google is in "Sleep mode."

My next tablet should have a +/- same resolution as current Nexus 10, and Snapdragon 800. I don't think I'm asking for too much but for some reason a combination of those two is not easy tpo find (not even taking battery life or RAM into account). And no, Samsung is out of the question. I can't stand Samsung's Android overlays.

A simple yes or no from Google, and time estimate will suffice.

Sincerely frustrated,

Veteran Nexus user

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone please explain to me, from a business/marketing perspective, why Google doesn't share any information about whether there is even going to be a new Nexus 10 this year?
I've been a fan of Nexus devices for a long time, but have never been as annoyed by Google as I am right now. If the unit is in it's last steps of production, shipments to warehouses, or still drawing table, Google obviously knows whether it is coming this year or not. I'm not asking for any specs as I generally know what's coming. It will fit the bill no matter what small tweaks/upgrades they add to it.
Between this and the fact that I had read about some Moto X users possibly getting Kit Kat prior to me and my Nexus 4, It just really puts me off. Almost like Google is in "Sleep mode."

My next tablet should have a +/- same resolution as current Nexus 10, and Snapdragon 800. I don't think I'm asking for too much but for some reason a combination of those two is not easy tpo find (not even taking battery life or RAM into account). And no, Samsung is out of the question. I can't stand Samsung's Android overlays.

Sincerely frustrated,

Veteran Nexus user

Seriously dude, you need to take a time out. No manufacturer owes you any explanation about why they do or do not send out advance notices about products soon to be in production nor are they obligated to say anything about them. When it comes, it comes. And the Nexus 4 Kit Kat updates are already being pushed. Google pushes a small % of updates to devices and reviews the results to make sure they don't brick all the customers' phones. After they are satisfied (or make software corrections) they release them to a higher %. Eventually every one gets them once they are more or less bug free. Do you really want to be one of the first in the "test" group? I just got my Nexus 10 update last night. My tablet already worked fine so I was in no hurry.
:)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it was nice of Google to risk bricking all the Motox phones before potentially damaging any Nexi. I appreciate that level of consideration. ;):p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Sincerely frustrated,

Veteran Nexus user

You can check out this thread, including the post I made in it:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...t-think-new-nexus-10-going-released-soon.html

I get the frustration, but this is pretty much par for the course. I tend to agree that as there are essentially no leaks or info available, it's highly unlikely we see a new Nexus 10 by year's end.

Yeah, it was nice of Google to risk bricking all the Motox phones before potentially damaging any Nexi. I appreciate that level of consideration. ;):p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Well, that's not exactly what happened.

Google had on OTA ready to go for Nexus devices (KRT16O), but then pulled it very quickly before many devices ever got it. They found some bugs that could potentially brick devices, they patched them, then re-released the update (KRT16S). The factory images for the Nexus 4, Nexus 10, and Nexus 7 were all available a good week prior the MotoX getting the update...but it was smart of Google to pull the original OTA even if that meant a few owners became upset when the Moto X rollout started before they got upgraded to 4.4 on their own devices.

In other words, the soak test worked exactly as designed.

(And yeah, I know you weren't being 100% serious with that comment)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20