1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Since KitKat doesn't want to wake up from sleep

Has anyone else have this problem, since KitKat when I go to wake the Nexus 10 up about half the time I have to reboot it as I cannot get the screen to come back on!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Since KitKat doesn't want to wake up from sleep

Had to do a reset which solved the problem
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the gator View Post
    Has anyone else have this problem, since KitKat when I go to wake the Nexus 10 up about half the time I have to reboot it as I cannot get the screen to come back on!
    Yesterday this exact thing happened to me also. And then tonight, it happened again... I go to use the tablet and nothing, it acts like it is off when I open the magnetic cover. Pressing power does nothing. Both times had to hold it a long time to boot it. Very irritating. Yet another strange problem I have NEVER seen until the 4.4 update was loaded. I detest this update.

- - - Updated - - -

Define "reset"
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

I haven't had this problem (it has happened to me one or two times in the past, but not since the 4.4 update).

Out of curiosity, how did you do the update? (OTA, factory image, sideload, etc)?
    That usually will fix post-update issues.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Yesterday this exact thing happened to me also. And then tonight, it happened again... I go to use the tablet and nothing, it acts like it is off when I open the magnetic cover. Pressing power does nothing. Both times had to hold it a long time to boot it. Very irritating. Yet another strange problem I have NEVER seen until the 4.4 update was loaded. I detest this update.

- - - Updated - - -

Define "reset"
    I'm assuming he meant "factory reset", a.k.a. a full data wipe. Generally this will fix any quirky issues that arise after updating, especially if you installed the update via the standard OTA method.

My nexus 10 has same problem. Most days I have to hold the power button for10 seconds and have it restart. I do not want to do a full reset as I have much data and apps. Is there a way to get everything backed up to cloud or usb2go device and then hard reset?

Funny I had the problem with the n10 b4 kit kat. But after the update the problem was completely gone.

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I did a factory reset and have not had the problem any more.