- 1 Posts
Deleting music files from device, but not library
Have done some searching on the forums, but haven't found this particular question addressed. Hope someone can help!
So, I have a bunch of music in the cloud via Google Music. Quite a lot of those songs are also stored on my Nexus 10 and I'm running out of space. Logically, then, I want to delete songs from my device. However, they are still in the cloud and I want them to still show up in my library so I can stream them.
As far as I can tell, though, there's no way to do this, at least not from within the music app. When I delete a song, a warning message pops up and tells me I won't be able to access this song anymore in my Library (on any device). I've deleted a few songs and that's indeed what's happened.
Any advice? Thanks in advance for any help!
- 12-08-2013, 02:54 AM #2
Re: Deleting music files from device, but not library
Welcome to Android Central! I don't think there's an easy way within the Google Play Music app to do that. You're better off using a file manager app to delete the music tracks or albums from your local music folder.
- 12-09-2013, 12:07 PM #3
Re: Deleting music files from device, but not libraryI think your skills are improving.
Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]
- By the gator in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 6Last Post: 12-24-2013, 10:16 AM
- By D3MX in forum Motorola Droid 3Replies: 19Last Post: 12-14-2013, 01:58 PM
- By laserone in forum IntroductionsReplies: 10Last Post: 12-10-2013, 03:31 PM
- By Shaneomeara in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 12-08-2013, 09:07 PM
- By rich maddox in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 12-07-2013, 10:44 PM