Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default video playback

I have just emailed the place I bought my nexus10, I am not happy with the choppy video quality. Its not acceptable in a device of this spec. Just had both my ipad2 and this running the hobbit side by side using Netflix and this was choppy. Hugely disappointed as I had seriously high hopes for this tablet after reading all the reviews but it can't even play a video back properly? What use is it if it can't even do that?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    yyue 

Default Re: video playback

Considering you were streaming the video, are you sure it has nothing to do with your internet connection or a perhaps a setting which is enabled and streams the video in lower quality.

Does it ever happen with 'pre-downloaded' video?

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Internet connection is fine, like I say both were running side by side. Even on a video I had put on the nexus was choppy at times, you tube too. But everything is smooth on the iPad. I shall wait to hear back from Tue company I got it from, maybe its a dodgy component as a tablet of this spec should run video perfectly, better even than the iPad.

Posted from my nexus 4

I have not experienced any choppy video on mine so perhaps it is your specific device.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Global Posts
    1,392 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just got mine today and used sling player and the video playback was perfect. Did you do all of the updates to the tablet? I am very happy so far.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Paice View Post
    Internet connection is fine, like I say both were running side by side. Even on a video I had put on the nexus was choppy at times, you tube too. But everything is smooth on the iPad. I shall wait to hear back from Tue company I got it from, maybe its a dodgy component as a tablet of this spec should run video perfectly, better even than the iPad.

Posted from my nexus 4
    Hmmm... In that case, it must definitely be an issue with the device you have.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm guessing it is a device issue, the screen is awsome, no doubt about that. Just need to sort this playback issue. This thing really flies, so impressed. My nexus 4 is great too, android has certainly come along way since the original galaxy s, which sucked, that's why I went back to apple. I must confess to being an apple fan but these are certainly winning me over. Maybe I will invest in the nexus 5, are there many benefits of the 5 over the 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Paice View Post
    I'm guessing it is a device issue, the screen is awsome, no doubt about that. Just need to sort this playback issue. This thing really flies, so impressed. My nexus 4 is great too, android has certainly come along way since the original galaxy s, which sucked, that's why I went back to apple. I must confess to being an apple fan but these are certainly winning me over. Maybe I will invest in the nexus 5, are there many benefits of the 5 over the 4?

Yes, I think the Nexus 5 is awesome has many advantages and in my opinion (LTE, bigger screen, faster processor etc.) you should upgrade (especially considering its price, I used to be an apple fan too but I the nexus 5 is a better phone and isn't $1069 off contract...) Anyway, is there any update on your Nexus 10 replacement?

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

As its Christmas I'm not expecting any correspondence for a few days. I bought some Bluetooth headphones but noticed a delay between video and sound using Netflix? Any ideas

Posted from my nexus 4