Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Katosepe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unbricking my Nexus 10

Hello,

So a while ago, I attempted to root my Nexus 10 via the instructions on this website: www[dot]nexus10root[dot]com/nexus-10-root/how-to-root-nexus-10-easiest-method/. I didn't experience any errors and followed each step to the letter but when I booted the system back up, I wasn't rooted and have been unable to use any root features. I abandoned the attempted after several hours at it and just lived with my unlocked bootloader. Later, when Android 4.4 came out, I tried downloading the update and my Nexus wouldn't turn back on. It made it to the spiraling colored circles and would never progress beyond that. I can reach the Clockwork Mod Recovery screen and tried resetting to factory defaults, wiping the data, etc. but couldn't get beyond that screen.

Fast forward about a month and my fiancee decided that she wanted to try messing around with it. I have no clue what she did but it now doesn't even make it to the spiraling circles screen, only showing Google with the unlocked icon on the bottom. I can still make it into Clockwork Mod Recovery and, since she would like to try and fix it, have tried sideloading the 4.4.2 images but only receive an error stating: E: Can't open /tmp/update.zip. when trying to use the .img file or, when I'm using the .zip file it simply says installing update and then installation aborted, citing no reason for the abort.

Anyway, after all of this, I would love it if someone smarter than I could help me bring this bricked Nexus 10 back to life, if that's even possible. If you need any specific information, please let me know and I'll do whatever I can. I'd say I have about mid-level Android skill, definitely enough to follow any instructions, at least.

Thank you in advance!

Default Re: Unbricking my Nexus 10

Hello,

At this point the best thing you could do is use the Google provided factory images to flash the device back to complete stock/rooting removed.

You can obtain the factory images from the link provided below.

Download the most current to flash. If you require further instructions please ask. It's fairly simple, unzip the contents of the downloaded factory image file. You will have to unzip a few times, as they put file inside a zipped file, repeated a few times. Then you will boot into your bootloader and connect to your computer and there is a file (automated script) inside that image package that will flash the device for you.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you so much for the quick reply! Well, after about an hour of trying to flash a Nexus 4 image onto it by accident, I corrected my mistake, flashed the 4.4.2 image and ta-da! Good as new. Thanks so much for your help, Paul627g.
    Paul627g likes this.

Good to hear. Your welcome

Sent from my awesome HTC One
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central