SERIOUS lag occurring during automatic updating of apps.

bennyob01

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, new here. I have been increasingly frustrated by the horrendous lag that occurs any time the apps are being automatically updated. The tablet is more or less unusable until the updates have finished. Given how often apps are now being updated by the developers this is more or less a daily occurrence.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue??

Cheers in advance.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, new here. I have been increasingly frustrated by the horrendous lag that occurs any time the apps are being automatically updated. The tablet is more or less unusable until the updates have finished. Given how often apps are now being updated by the developers this is more or less a daily occurrence.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue??

Cheers in advance.

Turn off auto update in your Play Store settings and do the updates when you do not need to use the tablet. The lag varies depending on the size of the update and what exactly is getting updated.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I'll give it a try. How do you do it? Does it involve power button/volume rocker etc?
If your N7 is on, turn it off. Press and hold power until it turns on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word "Start" with an arrow drawn around it.
Press volume down twice to select recovery mode. Press power to reboot into recovery mode.
You can use volume up and down to navigate, power to select the options :)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Turn off auto-update so you can control when the updates happen.

Yeah, at first I thought that auto-update would make the most sense, but then it would frustrate me to no end because I wouldn't use my tablet for hours, yet it would decide to start updating the moment I needed to use it, usually updating the exact app I was trying to use at the time. Now I just keep it at manually and update it at my own convenience.

I don't know why they can't write some logic into the auto-update feature to only run when the device is idle.