Just bought my Nexus 10 tablet and I have an issue

Crista Dees

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm going through the setup and when It got to logging on to my google account it tells me it can't establish a server connection. What can I do to get it to work?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I got my N10 over a year ago so I am digging deep into old memories.

you need a wi-fi network to complete the set up. it is likely your wi-fi is password protected and unfortunately the way the device is set up you can't enter the password until after you complete setup. Catch 22. What most people did to get around this was to go to their wi-fi router and make it unsecurred [ no password needed] during the set up process. This would allow the tablet to find the network and complete set up. Then simply resecure the net work [add password back via the wi-fi router] and enter the wi-fi password on the tablet.

Crista Dees

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
what do I do if my internet is through at&t and I have no way of changing the security to get around it? I have internet, phone and tv all through one router.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Can you connect to your wifi? I'm assuming if you got to the account log in part that you can. If so, it may be on Google's end. They have been having issues recently and I notice some difficulty connecting to email today.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
what do I do if my internet is through at&t and I have no way of changing the security to get around it? I have internet, phone and tv all through one router.

you Could call AT&T customer service and ask them for the information needed to access your modem/router. My ISP has no problem doing this even though I use another external WI-Fi router. Which is another way to get around it. Beg, Borrow or steal [no, dont steal ] anotehr wi-fi router, set it up unsecured and complete things that way.

thepsychorabbit

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a Nexus 10 and it worked right out of the box. I had read this thread and thought I might end up with a problem. I turned it on, went into set up and entered my password when prompted to and it connected and finished set up. :cool: