Former Nexus 10 Owners who bought a new different tablet or bought a second one

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone owned a nexus 10 and either upgraded to something else or bought a second tablet? If so how come and what did you buy?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I gave my N10 to my parents since i won an ipad Air at work few weeks ago!!!

ipad is Ok but its tooo restricted... I still miss my Android tablet.

I decided to stick with ipad because i use my tablet mostly for games

droidbob

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
In the last 5/6 months I've purchased three different 9.7/10.1" quad-core 4.2.2 Chinese tablets, (one was defective and returned, the other two were nice tablets, and given as gifts) - one 13.3" quad-core, this will be a gift also, but I might order another one, mainly for carrying around the house while staying connected with a large screen -- three Nexus 7's 2013 (Two were gifts, one I kept for myself) -- and a Nexus 10... my favorite tablet!

The two quad-core Chinese tabs were 9.7" 4:3 Retina screens, I liked both of them, except for one minor issue with each... the one wouldn't allow Norton Mobile Security to be activated (It was from a Newegg seller, Inception, a TaiPad #9X)

The other wouldn't allow NoRoot Firewall to function (Amazon seller, Tablet Express, a Dragon Touch #R97), I think because the 'tun' interface was not installed/included in its firmware - 'no biggie' in each case -- I don't expect the firewall issue to ever be resolved -- but Symantec and the Chinese MFG'r are both looking into the Norton Mobile Security issue, and I do think it will be resolved sometime in the near future

As mentioned, the nexus 10 is my favorite! -- If my hunch is correct, I'd say the Nexus 10 is either being dropped (possibly reached its EOL cycle) -- or hopefully, it's being replaced soon -- the reason I mention this is because the Google Play Store has not had any stock of either model (16GB or 32GB) for some time now - and a lot of sellers are discounting the Nexus 10... I picked up the 32GB model recently for $378 (usually $499 in the Play Store) -- and I'd probably consider a new version of the Nexus 10, if one is actually released, and the hardware, features and price are worth upgrading over the current Nexus 10

So there's my 2? worth of tablets experiences in the last few months

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Nexus 10 first and am quite happy with it. I bought my wife the Nexus 7 last year because the 10 would just be too big for her to carry every day while commuting.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I permitted my son use his $$ to buy himself a Nexus 7 2013. that was primarily a finance decision as he would have had to wait significantly longer to save up for a N10 and the 7 inch size fits his age /hand size a bit better than a 10 inch would.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Still own my Nexus 10. But seriously considering the new TabPro 12.1 IF I can get it with LTE and at a good price.

Posted via Android Central App

MAXIMAURO

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
hi.. can you help me please.., i have a problen with firmware-rom files of taipad-9x..my ignorance doesn make a backup.. and i lost .. is important to me thanks!!

MAXIMAURO

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
In the last 5/6 months I've purchased three different 9.7/10.1" quad-core 4.2.2 Chinese tablets, (one was defective and returned, the other two were nice tablets, and given as gifts) - one 13.3" quad-core, this will be a gift also, but I might order another one, mainly for carrying around the house while staying connected with a large screen -- three Nexus 7's 2013 (Two were gifts, one I kept for myself) -- and a Nexus 10... my favorite tablet!

The two quad-core Chinese tabs were 9.7" 4:3 Retina screens, I liked both of them, except for one minor issue with each... the one wouldn't allow Norton Mobile Security to be activated (It was from a Newegg seller, Inception, a TaiPad #9X)

The other wouldn't allow NoRoot Firewall to function (Amazon seller, Tablet Express, a Dragon Touch #R97), I think because the 'tun' interface was not installed/included in its firmware - 'no biggie' in each case -- I don't expect the firewall issue to ever be resolved -- but Symantec and the Chinese MFG'r are both looking into the Norton Mobile Security issue, and I do think it will be resolved sometime in the near future

As mentioned, the nexus 10 is my favorite! -- If my hunch is correct, I'd say the Nexus 10 is either being dropped (possibly reached its EOL cycle) -- or hopefully, it's being replaced soon -- the reason I mention this is because the Google Play Store has not had any stock of either model (16GB or 32GB) for some time now - and a lot of sellers are discounting the Nexus 10... I picked up the 32GB model recently for $378 (usually $499 in the Play Store) -- and I'd probably consider a new version of the Nexus 10, if one is actually released, and the hardware, features and price are worth upgrading over the current Nexus 10

hi.. can you help me please.., i have a problen with firmware-rom files of taipad-9x..my ignorance doesn make a backup.. and i lost .. is important to me thanks!!

MAXIMAURO

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Viventis

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus 10 and recently bought an iPad Air. The differences I have noticed so far: Screen resolution on photos is comparable, but the iPad, because of its dimensions, allows the full screen to be used. This is important to me because I am an amateur photographer. The same difference makes widescreen TV and movies better to watch on the Nexus. Amazon Prime is only available on the iPad (I guess because Amazon wants to promote their Fire line for Android purchasers). I am having a hard time adjusting to the "simple" control structure of the iPad (where the heck is the "back" button?) That said, many apps I have on both are more "elegant" on the iPad, like you would see on some custom skins. For instance, I am looking at the same Sonos control app on both now. The Nexus has flat, simple control boxes, whereas the iPad had a more 3D, metallic look. I am not a fan boy for either device. I also own a Nexus 7, my phone is a Nexus 5 and I recently gave my Xoom to my step-daughter. The only IOS device I have is an old iPod Touch. I am definitely keeping the iPad, but I am also reluctant to part with either Nexus tablet.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I had my nexus 10 for a year and was ready to replace it. I went through a lot of tablets for a few months and ended up with an iPad mini. I like it but some iOS things are a little wonky. My nexus 10 was my fave tablet and I also miss the screen size. Not interested in Samsung but thinking of maybe a surface 2. Who knows.....so fickle

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a Dell Venue 8 pro. It is great for a little windows computer and runs pretty smooth. I am very impressed with it. I still prefer my N10 though. I wish Dell would of made an official dock for it though. I am thinking of trying to design one and then get it 3d printed.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
3d printed?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Yep. Dell doesn't make a dock for the venue pro 8. With a little bit of 3d design skill a dock could be designed. Then submit it to a company with a 3d printer to make it.

This is one example
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:224028

But I have a few additional ideas. Just waiting for some cables to get here. I found some cables that should allow me too turn it into a complete docking station.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae