Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Still on 4.3. Should I update?

Ever since 4.4 came out I have held off on updating. Between losing the blue icons and hearing that flash no longer works on 4.4 and up, I have not wanted to take the update that has been waiting for me in the notification bar for months and months. Am I crazy? I know I can probably go back to 4.3 if I really don't like it but I was trying to leave my N10 as stock as possible and not mess with it. What do you AC forum goers think?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Still on 4.3. Should I update?

My own opinion I keep updating regardless.

Why? Well app developers and especially Google always are working on supporting the latest and greatest OS. So that is one reason alone, to make sure I'm taking advantage of the newest options available on the OS front and also the supporting apps.

Second. Security and under the hook tweaks and improvements. Always a must in my book.

As for flash, I've moved away from that long ago. I even despise it on my personal computers because it causes more headaches than its worth.

Just my 2 cents...

On a side note: Love that Lloyd pin Got a few of those myself.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Transtang z28 View Post
    Ever since 4.4 came out I have held off on updating. Between losing the blue icons and hearing that flash no longer works on 4.4 and up, I have not wanted to take the update that has been waiting for me in the notification bar for months and months. Am I crazy? I know I can probably go back to 4.3 if I really don't like it but I was trying to leave my N10 as stock as possible and not mess with it. What do you AC forum goers think?

I'm not sure what you use flash for, but if it's for web browsing, there are many browsers that support flash.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    I'm not sure what you use flash for, but if it's for web browsing, there are many browsers that support flash.

As I understand it, flash no longer works regardless of the browser. I also understand it's mainly for web browsing but there are still a number of sites that use it and on a device that is mainly used by my for web browsing I hate to imagine moving to a broken experience.

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

As I understand it, flash no longer works regardless of the browser. I also understand it's mainly for web browsing but there are still a number of sites that use it and on a device that is mainly used by my for web browsing I hate to imagine moving to a broken experience.

Dolphin browser and boat browser work pretty well.

It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

As I understand it, flash no longer works regardless of the browser.
    Correct. Android 4.4 has now stopped the use of Flash, even for the OEM's that still had it implemented in previous versions like JellyBean w/ stock browsers.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So everyone is pretty content with 4.4.2? I think ill try it. I know its childish but i just HAAAATE white icons.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

My notification light works after updating!!!!! I had almost completely lost hope that it would ever work!

I was also thinking that I was getting tired of the standard "tick" noise when you type, which has also been changed in Kit Kat, so that's a nice coincidence.

I know I'm late to this party, but the excitement over the notification light working has gotten me all emotional!

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

My notification light works after updating!!!!! I had almost completely lost hope that it would ever work!

I was also thinking that I was getting tired of the standard "tick" noise when you type, which has also been changed in Kit Kat, so that's a nice coincidence.

I know I'm late to this party, but the excitement over the notification light working has gotten me all emotional!

I always mute my keyboards \(^_^)/