Major problems with Nexus 10 RMA

Scamper Gear

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had major problems dealing with Google Play on getting an RMA done for a Nexus 10 tablet?

We have a broken one at work (will not turn on) that died before the warranty period expired and I contacted google play for an RMA replacement (a long phone conversation). They sent me a link to pay for a new one (or make a CC authorization), the idea being once that was received I would send the old one back and they would refund my money (or reverse the charge). The email stated I would have to return the old one within 21 days of the initial email or my cc would be charged.

3 weeks goes by and no new tablet.

So I called (again). After MUCH time and being transferred and put on hold several times they concluded that the "shipping department" forgot to send the new tablet. The agent promised he would personally take care of it and extended my deadline of sending in the old one (I need the packaging materials to send in the old one).

3 days go by and I get an email saying my order has been cancelled. Seriously??? They just cancelled the whole thing with no explanation or anything.

So, I call AGAIN (this ended up being a 55min conversation). Finally they reveal that my order was cancelled as they had tried to authorize my card multiple times (like 3) for the same charge and my CC company likely marked it as suspicious and declined the charge on the 3rd attempt. Apparently they re-do the authorization every 2 weeks to ensure there is room on the card... they needed to keep doing this as they still hadn't sent out the replacement after a month.

Why hadn't they sent it out I ask?? I finally learn (after being "escalated" 3 times) that the shipping department has been out of these tablets since December... of course nobody ever told me this was the case!!!

What did they offer to do?

Nothing other than to repeat the process from the beginning (Even though they don't even have any replacements). They didn't even offer to replace it with a cheaper Nexus 7. Of course if I take them up on this I'll have the same problems with my CC company (as they repeatedly try to authorize my card) and as this is a business replacement, calling my company is a very complicated process through the finance department. At this point we will likely give up as my time is worth more than wasting more time trying to replace a mediocre $400 tablet.

That being said, I'm still frustrated and very unhappy with the whole situation. They wouldn't even give me an email or number of a manager to report my concerns to.

When Apple lost my IPhone on a RMA once, they apologized and made up for it with a free Nano (on top of fixing and sending out my replacement IPhone asap). Nexus devices may be cheaper, but now I know why.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I finally learn (after being "escalated" 3 times) that the shipping department has been out of these tablets since December... of course nobody ever told me this was the case!!!

I am soprry to hear about your problems. It troubels me to hear they have been out of Tablets since December.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I am soprry to hear about your problems. It troubels me to hear they have been out of Tablets since December.
I think the store has said out of inventory for a couple of months now. You would think that they would have already known that at the beginning of the conversation though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463