Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I save pic attachments from email app and gmail to my gallery?

I have recently purchased a Nexus 10 and updated it to Kit Kat. Unlike my android phone there doesn't seem to be a way to save any pictures sent to me via the email app or gmail to the gallery app. When I tap on save as or save or download it says the pic or attachment is saved but there isn't an option as to where to save it ie save to gallery. And unlike my android phone when pic attachments are automatically saved to the gallery app in the download section?? Where are the pics/docs saved?

I have been searching for the last week on the net to find info on this but haven't found anything.

cheers in advance for your help.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: How do I save pic attachments from email app and gmail to my gallery?

With further mucking around I have been able to share some pics from gmail to the pic app which then sometimes but not always puts the pic into the gallery app. The email app will not share anything. Also I have found now that if I open a pic in the pic app and share it with face book it will not send the pic but only the message?????

Why does android on the tablet not work the same as android on a phone??

Question Save pictures from email

How can I save pictures from my email?

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: How do I save pic attachments from email app and gmail to my gallery?

I just open the picture attachment. Tap the 3dot menu in the upper right & tap save. It appears in my gallery under downloads in my albums. It appears in time order under times.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

I tried this on my GS5. I can't find the file anywhere! It doesn't show up in the gallery at all. I have to search in "My files" to find it. Any way to have Gmail save photos and videos in my gallery?

Posted via Android Central App

On the new Droid Turbo which was just released last week, Photos received in Email will not save to gallery. If you highlight a photo received in email, you will see three red buttons at the top right of the photo. Click on that and you will get options reading save, save all, share and share all. The save and save all functions do not work. You can not save to gallery or anywhere else on the phone.
    In the Text function, if you receive a photo and highlight the photo, a message options box pops up and the last option is save attached to gallery.

Why can't you do this in email? This is a very important task and it does not work. I just got back from Verizon and nobody there could explain and it did not work on any of their phones either. We think it is a software glitch.

Got any answers???