Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 10 Getting Hot?

Seems like my Nexus 10 is starting to heat more than usual. Once it was even 40 Celsius. Is anyone else experiencing this? Should I send it back?

Posted via Android Central App
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,380 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 10 Getting Hot?

Quote Originally Posted by stepaul8 View Post
    Seems like my Nexus 10 is starting to heat more than usual. Once it was even 40 Celsius. Is anyone else experiencing this? Should I send it back?
    Is it under warranty?
    There are lots of threads about hot Nexus 10's. They do get hot when the CPU is busy, like when playing a CPU-intense game for a long time. It has a fast processor that does create some heat and there is fan in a tablet.

If it gets hot, but it is under intense use at the time, and otherwise your battery life seems normal (and you don't have any runaway processes), then things are probably normal.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Where is it getting hot?
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,380 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Where is it getting hot?
    I bet it is the glass in the upper left quadrant
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I bet it is the glass in the upper left quadrant
    Same. That is where my Nexus 10 got hot.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Where is it getting hot?
    I feel it hot on the screen and also on the top left on the back of tablet (on the removable tab). I have been watch march madness so I am assuming that is intense.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Also, when I watch march madness or YouTube, sometimes it freezes and there is a weird sound and then it reboots.

Yup, they all get hot there during intense gaming. I notice it happens during long periods of Chrome web browsing for me, too. Occasionally i will come home and the battery will be really low and it will be hot as well, i just reboot it since sometimes an app or service gets stuck in a loop and just drains the battery while its loop thinking like crazy.

As for the freezing and rebooting, i know we all used to have this happen a lot when we had one of the versions of jellybean. Are you still running JB or are you on KitKat?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Transtang z28 View Post
    Yup, they all get hot there during intense gaming. I notice it happens during long periods of Chrome web browsing for me, too. Occasionally i will come home and the battery will be really low and it will be hot as well, i just reboot it since sometimes an app or service gets stuck in a loop and just drains the battery while its loop thinking like crazy.

As for the freezing and rebooting, i know we all used to have this happen a lot when we had one of the versions of jellybean. Are you still running JB or are you on KitKat?
    I'm on 4.4 right now. It could just be the apps.

Global Posts
    17,357 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

A reboot is the easiest way to try to fix it. It probably is something stuck.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    A reboot is the easiest way to try to fix it. It probably is something stuck.

From a Liquid Nexus 5
    When you say reboot do you mean factory reset and delete everything or just turn it off and on again?

Global Posts
    17,357 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by stepaul8 View Post
    When you say reboot do you mean factory reset and delete everything or just turn it off and on again?
    A reboot is simply turning it off for a few minutes and turning back on.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here