No double-tap zoom

lingenfr

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got my N10. So far, pretty good, but for some reason, I can't seem to double-tap a paragraph and zoom with web pages and Adobe reader like I am used to doing with my N7 and Visual Land Prestige 10. I assume it is a setting somewhere, but I can't find it. I am not unlocked or rooted and I updated to the latest OS a few days ago. It is not the end of the world, but annoying on an otherwise cool device. Thanks.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. I wonder why it wouldn't be able to. As far as I know you can.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

lingenfr

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Seemed weird to me as well. I was hoping that someone would point out a setting that I was missing. I can't believe it works in the N7, but not in the N10.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It works on my N10. Which browser are you using? If you use Chrome, if you click on the menu (three dots in upper right corner), tap on settings, tap on Advanced, tap on Accessibility, you can adjust the Text Scaling amount which controls the amount of zoom.

lingenfr

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I will play with that. There is another setting on that page that looks interesting. I have a similar problem with Adobe Reader. I will report back with what I find out.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Also, if you go into the phone's main settings page and scroll down and tap on Accessibility, there is a system setting called "Magnification Gestures". You could play with that too as it gives you some zooming options, but I think this is something a little bit different than the basic double tap to zoom that you're looking for. As far as I know, there is no real setting to turn that on or off. I don't use Adobe Reader so can't help you there.

lingenfr

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. It is better though still not as good as my N7, my Visual Land Prestige 10 or even my Z992. The suggestion on changing text scaling was the most helpful (though only in Chrome). Regardless your different suggestions taught me a few things I didn't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37