Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slow charging - bluetooth keyboard? Wired alternatives?

My wife uses a Nexus 10" and a bluetooth keyboard. She really struggles to keep things charged up since she's also using wifi. She's on the tablet all day and uses it like a netbook but her tablet's battery can't keep up with her computing requirements and she's getting really hacked off. Since her keyboard is now playing up I thought it time to look into this.

Any alternatives to charging via the mini USB connector (I assume it's charging at 1amp)?
    OK, I see there is the Pogo charger. Not sure that works whilst the tablet is in the stand since the charger would be at the bottom, not the top. Interested to know if there are any docking station chargers available outside the states?

Is there a wired keyboard version that uses less battery power?

Can she charge and use a wired keyboard at the same time?

Default Re: Slow charging - bluetooth keyboard? Wired alternatives?

Not sure what kind of stand she has, on mine I just rotate the nexus so the Pogo connection is set to come off the top. Not pretty but functional.

I'd also recommend you check the brightness setting on the N10, in fact check setting>Battery to see what is using up all the juice and make sure she doesn't have a rogue app.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Default Re: Slow charging - bluetooth keyboard? Wired alternatives?

The pogo charger will supposedly charge 20% faster or so. Keep in mind the Nexus 10 has a huge 9AH battery, and the microUSB spec only allows so much current... so a full charge is going to take something like 6 hours. This is not a defect nor a design flaw- it is nice to have a standard, non-proprietary charging port (especially since it has a POGO option too). And it is a fast CPU with fast graphics, a really high-res display, so it can eat through some power. I recommend turning down GPS settings (no location tracking, either) and checking brightness, too. Also turn off the "OK Google" feature, which will consume power (lots of other tips out there).

Google/Samsung should have offered a factory pogo cable too instead of us having to wait for the third party option. Of course, they never offered a stand either....
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G