Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Results 176 to 193 of 193
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #176  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,495 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Atmazzz View Post
    This is the only one I've been able to find and his hands are in the way a lot..
    It is what I used. The procedure is easy, except for getting that back off! Takes a lot of work and messing Once you have done it once, though, repeating it is much easier.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
    Atmazzz likes this.
  2. #177  
    Atmazzz's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 BACKside

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    It is what I used. The procedure is easy, except for getting that back off! Takes a lot of work and messing Once you have done it once, though, repeating it is much easier.
    Yeah thats why I ordered a couple of these. NewerTech 2 Piece Pry Set -... in stock at OWC Hopefully it will help. I don't have a suction cup like the video has. The Spudgers and the battery are supposed to be here Monday.
    crxssi likes this.
  3. #178  

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    I followed that video and replaced my battery last night. So far so good, but I can't really say anything about the longevity yet. Here is what I wish the video had mentioned:

    1) You should take ESD precautions if you can, like working on an anti-static mat. I did not and it turned out fine, but with those flex cables flying around I was pretty nervous.

    2) Power your tablet off before starting. I forgot... stupid, I know. Again, no harm done, but better safe than sorry.

    3) The battery connector is a bit non-intuitive. It snaps *down* into the socket like a jigsaw puzzle piece. If you didn't know that you might think it pulls out parallel to the board like most connectors. I found the easiest way to dislodge it was to gently pry under the battery wires on each side, right next to the connector. When I put the new one in I bent it upward so it would not make contact until I was done re-inserting the other flex cables and putting the screws in. Then I snapped the battery connector in last. Make sure the top is completely flush or it won't be fully seated.

    4) When re-inserting the flex cables, it's easy to think they're in all the way when they're not. Make note of how they look when you first open up the tablet (maybe take a picture).
    Thanked by:
    Atmazzz likes this.
  4. #179  
    Atmazzz's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 BACKside

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Quote Originally Posted by mark03 View Post
    I followed that video and replaced my battery last night. So far so good, but I can't really say anything about the longevity yet. Here is what I wish the video had mentioned:
    Thanks Mark. Good info to know.
  5. #180  
    Atmazzz's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 BACKside

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Well this sucks. Received my battery today from cellphone-repair-shop and due to the poor protection in shipping it was damaged. I emailed the seller and requested a refund or replacement. Replace your Nexus 10 battery-battery-1.jpgReplace your Nexus 10 battery-battery-3.jpgReplace your Nexus 10 battery-battery-4.jpg
  6. #181  
    Umass021's Avatar

    Posts
    805 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    That is to bad. Let us know what they say.
    Thanked by:
  7. #182  
    Atmazzz's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 BACKside

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Umass021 View Post
    That is to bad. Let us know what they say.
    The vendor was pretty fast in approving a return and sent a return shipping label within an hour. I'll ship it today and wait on a refund. I think next I'll just get a cheap 10,000 mAh external charger. Now to try out Lollipop 5.1
  8. #183  
    Umass021's Avatar

    Posts
    805 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    How long does your older battery currently last?
  9. #184  
    Atmazzz's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 BACKside

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Umass021 View Post
    How long does your older battery currently last?
    It lasts about 2 1/2 to 3 hours just watching movies. Less if I'm surfing the net a lot. It cuts off between 45%-50% now usually. It was making it to 25%-30% up until 2 or 3 weeks ago.
  10. #185  

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    I just replaced the battery with the one from cell-phone-repair. It seemed to go smoothly. I was careful about static and carefully reseated the cables. The same as I did when I first opened it to restore the old battery when the initial replacement turned out to be DOA.
    As I was reseating the case the power button was pressed sufficiently long to power on the tablet. The battery was at 42% however the touch screen does not respond. I reopened the case and reseated the LCD cable. No luck. I am charging it now.
    Suggestions?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #186  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,495 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Harlie2 View Post
    As I was reseating the case the power button was pressed sufficiently long to power on the tablet. The battery was at 42% however the touch screen does not respond. I reopened the case and reseated the LCD cable. No luck. I am charging it now.
    Suggestions?
    You will have to open it again and re-seat all the ribbon cables yet again. Remember that one of them has a connector that works backwards from the other. Sorry, I don't know which one is the touchscreen cable, though.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  12. #187  

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Well 7 times lucky. I opened the case 4 times to reseat the cables. The second cable left of the LCD cable is the digitizer cable. But I can't tell you it was the problem connection. There was really nothing different in the care with which I inserted the cables each time. The last time opening the case took less than 5 minutes and only required the 3 corner pry tool.
    The battery appears to be performing well. Cell-Phone-Repair may have good batteries but the stiff cardboard envelope with a piece of stiff cardboard inside is a problematic shipping method.
    I needed an OTG cable and mouse to shut down the tablet before opening.
  13. #188  

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Really god info about Cell-Phone-Repairs shipping method. Already been down that route with a Amazon seller in UK. Came all smashed up wrapped in plastic envelope and a cardboard piece. To me this is very negative and I will not buy from them. Samsung repair or chuck it in the bin seems to be the options
  14. #189  

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Picked up a battery from Cell-Phone-Repairs also, installed it in about 20 minutes yesterday, took a little force to get the shell off the main body, but nothing terrible. Used the YouTube video as a reference a page or two back.

    Swapped battery in, no issues.

    Everything booted up just fine and battery said it had 86 percent. It's much stronger now, son ran it down to like 47% over the course of the day yesterday with no issues, going to try to run it all the way down tonight.

    Thanks all!
  15. #190  

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Lots of good info on this discussion thread. We had similar problems with our Nexus 10 and decide to change the battery. We ordered a new battery from Amazon and got it in 3 days. We did not get the battery replacement kit. We just bought the Samsung SP34696A8H battery for Google Nexus 10 ($54.74) and then bought a tool kit for battery replacement (SMAVCO - 7 Tools [T8, T6, T5, T-, T+, Plastic & Pentalobe] Repair Kit Opening Tools For iPhone, iPad, GPS, Kindle, Nook, iPod, Watch repair, Battery replacement ) Everything worked fine, until we turned the tablet back on. The touchscreen would not work. We did see that someone else had this problem and opened the tablet back up several times to check the cables. Everything seems to be fine. If someone else has had this problem and can give us some clues on what to do, that would be great.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #191  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,495 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Bowers View Post
    Everything worked fine, until we turned the tablet back on. The touchscreen would not work. We did see that someone else had this problem and opened the tablet back up several times to check the cables. Everything seems to be fine. If someone else has had this problem and can give us some clues on what to do, that would be great.
    You just have to carefully remove and re-seat the ribbon cables again.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  17. #192  
    RadOD's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Bowers View Post
    Lots of good info on this discussion thread. We had similar problems with our Nexus 10 and decide to change the battery. We ordered a new battery from Amazon and got it in 3 days. We did not get the battery replacement kit. We just bought the Samsung SP34696A8H battery for Google Nexus 10 ($54.74) and then bought a tool kit for battery replacement (SMAVCO - 7 Tools [T8, T6, T5, T-, T+, Plastic & Pentalobe] Repair Kit Opening Tools For iPhone, iPad, GPS, Kindle, Nook, iPod, Watch repair, Battery replacement ) Everything worked fine, until we turned the tablet back on. The touchscreen would not work. We did see that someone else had this problem and opened the tablet back up several times to check the cables. Everything seems to be fine. If someone else has had this problem and can give us some clues on what to do, that would be great.
    Is this the one you bought: amazon /ZTHY-Google-Nexus-10-N10/dp/B00PANRXFC/ (sorry post count too low to link)
    Gets lots of bad reviews for selling used pre-worn-out batteries. Please report back on how yours is holding up.
  18. #193  

    Default Re: Replace your Nexus 10 battery

    Hi guys, seems I just missed out on getting a battery from that Ebay store by only a couple of days as it says they have no stock left.
    I tried messaging them asking if they are now completely out but got no reply. Don't suppose anyone has any other leads?

    Cheers.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Similar Threads

  1. Dropped Nexus 7 face down and experiencing "ghost" touches?
    By mineman1427 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 06:29 PM
  2. High Capacity Batteries
    By ChrisP1234 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 10:18 AM
  3. Nexus 7 connection to projectors
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 10:00 PM
  4. cyanogenmod 10.2 data icon switching
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 09:10 PM
  5. rca screen replacement
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 04:09 PM

Posting Permissions