Replace your Nexus 10 battery

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I, by habit, placed my Nexus 10 on the charger Sunday night. I left it off last night. From how I've used the tablet, though, it would have been run down from last nights use. It didn't even come off full charge from the little icon. I did not check the %, though.

My tablet is BACK, baby!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I, by habit, placed my Nexus 10 on the charger Sunday night. I left it off last night. From how I've used the tablet, though, it would have been run down from last nights use. It didn't even come off full charge from the little icon. I did not check the %, though.

My tablet is BACK, baby!

Remember that new LiIon batteries take several charge cycles (usually with a few rather deep discharges) before they show their full capacity.

Also note that cheap and poor quality battery replacements can look and feel just as good as stock AT FIRST and then start to take a nose-dive after several months. It is nice to hear it is working great so far, but I just want to caution that early results are not a clear indication of long-term performance, unfortunately. I have direct experience with that when it came to cheap replacement batteries in previous phones. I was very happy for several months.... the performance was every bit as good as the stock battery.... until 9 months, when they started losing capacity to the point they were less than half the battery of the stock one at the same point of its life :(

I am crossing my fingers for everyone, though!

Terry Ulanch

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Finally got my replacement battery

I have installed it with no issues thus far

The provided cd did not play on Vista, but did work on Windows 8, could not get to video on youtube any more

The screwdriver with the kit was no good (blunted end), but I had one that worked

It was a little tricky to get the case off- slow, easy and a little force when needed was the trick. I started on the long sides and learned you need to pry on the outside of the speakers. Once a corner came off the rest came off much easier, more of a slip it off rather than the original pry it off when the corner came off. A lot of snap crackle and pop of the case snap holders when removing the case.

The flip clips for the ribbon cables are very, very small, but flip easy when done correctly, Take note that 2 flip open in one direction the 3rd goes the other direction and the clips were black on mine - not the white part.

Putting it back together very easy

Battery was already charged

So far so good, now need to let it do it's thing for a bit to see power usage

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Finally got my replacement battery

And yet they are STILL listed as out of stock on their website and on Amazon.

The provided cd did not play on Vista, but did work on Windows 8, could not get to video on youtube any more

That could be a problem. Some of use don't have or use MS-Windows. You are right that the video is now marked as "Private" and won't show from their site and you can't even find it with a search on Youtube anymore. Was playing fine last I checked a few weeks ago and they still have dozens of videos for other devices visible.

This one still exists from a different vendor: How To Take Apart the Google Nexus 10 Tablet - YouTube

I have sent them Email asking why they did that, and when they will ever be in stock again. Thanks for the info and keep us updated!

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have sent them Email asking why they did that, and when they will ever be in stock again.

They ignored my question about the video and replied thusly about the battery:

"At the present time, our supplier has production problems, and we do not know if we will be able to procure this battery for our kit."

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
They ignored my question about the video and replied thusly about the battery:

"At the present time, our supplier has production problems, and we do not know if we will be able to procure this battery for our kit."

I can't wait any longer. I now get only about an hour of life when playing a game. I ordered a battery directly from China via Alibaba express for $35 or something. It will take a month or more to get here and I will report back the details at that time.

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good. Curious if I should spend the $$$ to get a new battery or just replace the whole thing. If the battery replacement works, then I will go in that direction. Please let us know how it turned out. Thanks.

michaelearth

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I just checked and newpower99 is still out of stock. Does anybody know of where to get another reliable nexus 10 battery replacement kit?

Thank you

Last edited:

kgeissler

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Someone on XDA stated they called google and the N10 had a two year warranty. If so, you could try calling google and see what they tell you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fairiemom

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I emailed newpower99 to ask when they were going to get a new supply of Nexus 10 battery replacement kits because they show out of stock. They responded that their supplier is no longer making this product. Does anyone know of another source to replace the battery? I have had my N10 for about 2 years and the battery only charges to approximately 75%. Help!!!

Fairiemom

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha.... I replied asking them if there was another supplier or any other way of replacing the battery and their response was simply....... "No". Not very helpful........ Anyone, anyone.....Ferris?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait any longer. I now get only about an hour of life when playing a game. I ordered a battery directly from China via Alibaba express for $35 or something. It will take a month or more to get here and I will report back the details at that time.

:(

After almost a month of waiting, the china vendor canceled the order saying they could no longer obtain the battery. This is totally crazy. There is one other Alibaba vendor claiming they have this battery, so I will try them next, when we figure out how to get a credit back from the first vendor.

If that fails too, I am going to start going on a rampage with either Google or Samsung. This is totally unacceptable for a high-end, expensive, flagship device.

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I stopped waiting and decided to contact Samsung directly. Google said that since I was out of my one year warranty, that I should contact them and find out what they can do for me. Samsung said that they would fix it no problem. I sent it in, and now it says on the service ticket that they replaced the adapter and the plug port was damaged. I should get it back in a few days and find out if they fixed it right otherwise it is going back to Samsung again.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I stopped waiting and decided to contact Samsung directly. Google said that since I was out of my one year warranty, that I should contact them and find out what they can do for me. Samsung said that they would fix it no problem. I sent it in, and now it says on the service ticket that they replaced the adapter and the plug port was damaged. I should get it back in a few days and find out if they fixed it right otherwise it is going back to Samsung again.

If you have the symptoms of it going quickly from 80% to dead or 75% to dead, that has to be the battery. I certainly hope they are not putting you through all of this and not even replacing it (if that is your issue). Are they charging you a flat fee up front or time and materials or what?

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Nope. No charge. That is my worry too that they put a bandaid on the problem and never addressed the real issue. We shall see.

Posted via the Android Central App

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Got the tablet back today. Fired it up and it started up from 4.2 and after all the updates, so far, so good. I saw that the invoice did state that they replaced the battery as well. I will power cycle the tablet to see if it has fixed the problem and report back. But so far it looks like Samsung has come through.

mikes781

May 31, 2011
Visit site
That sounds promising. My battery has taken a nose dive in the past two months. It's also constantly freezing and restarting. I was close to replacing it out of frustration but I might try to send it in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I recommend chatting with them online first. Tell them that your battery shuts down after 80-70% or so. They are going to give you a bunch of troubleshooting options. Try them and see if it solves it. If not, go back and tell them and they will look up you warranty status. I bought mine in Dec 2012 and even registered it with Samsung but they said it was still covered under warranty. (go figure) So they gave me a free shipping label and I sent it in. Fixed with no charge. Good luck to you.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I recommend chatting with them online first. Tell them that your battery shuts down after 80-70% or so. They are going to give you a bunch of troubleshooting options. Try them and see if it solves it. If not, go back and tell them and they will look up you warranty status. I bought mine in Dec 2012 and even registered it with Samsung but they said it was still covered under warranty. (go figure) So they gave me a free shipping label and I sent it in. Fixed with no charge. Good luck to you.

I am amazed they would even consider touching your tablet when it is way out of warranty, unless they were going to charge you money. Also, are you sure you got the same tablet back? I might call them, but I also would not want my tablet wiped, which they would probably either insist I do before moving forward, or do when it was sent in :(

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Now that I have had the tablet for the weekend, it looks like my issue with the battery was fixed. Yeah...I did get the same tablet back because I know that there was a specific mark on the tablet and was there when I got it back so it was the same tablet. Either way, they are going to wipe your tablet. They put mine all the way back to 4.2 so I had some updating to do when I got it back. Runs like a champ now. Believe me, I was just as surprised as you that they took it back and didn't charge me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke