Replace your Nexus 10 battery

wonderrx

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any new developments with replacing batteries or finding aftermarket batteries that actually work properly after a few cycles?

Ryan Ure

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with the Amazon battery, cleary this was used. Disputed with Amazon, and they replied with the fact they tested batteries before they shipped. I asked why they would test brand new batteries. After which, they refunded my money and told me to keep the battery.

I found another source for OEM Samsung batteries, and it appears to be a brand new battery. I've been using it for 35 minutes, and it's still 100% charged. This reminds me of when the tablet was brand new. Not allowed to submit a link, so search forI had the same issue with the Amazon battery, cleary this was used. Disputed with Amazon, and they replied with the fact they tested batteries before they shipped. I asked why they would test brand new batteries. After which, they refunded my money and told me to keep the battery.

I found another source for OEM Samsung batteries, and it appears to be a brand new battery. the screw holes are in pristine condition no markings from a previous installation. That was the telltale fine at the Amazon battery was in fact you used.
I've been using it for 35 minutes, and it's still 100% charged. This reminds me of when the tablet was brand new. Not allowed to submit a link, so search for GH43-03780A as a part number on encompassparts dot com.
How long did this take to get to you?... I bit the bullet and placed an order about a week ago, yet its still showing as "not shipped" yet.
Not nervous (yet)... Just curious

Harlie2

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
There are several sites on eBay that have the battery. One ships from the US. It took less than a week. It came with the installation kit. It was dead. Plugged in with the pogo cord i got it to run. But no sound. The immediately sent replacement has arrived. I am having someone who does installations do this. Any ideas on why no sound? Was something broken?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
There are several sites on eBay that have the battery. One ships from the US. It took less than a week. It came with the installation kit. It was dead.

Unfortunately, the majority of eBay vendors are supplying used, defective batteries,

Plugged in with the pogo cord i got it to run. But no sound. The immediately sent replacement has arrived. I am having someone who does installations do this. Any ideas on why no sound? Was something broken?

There should be no relation between sound and battery. It is possible whoever installed the battery didn't do it correctly and caused damage to the tablet, although it seems unlikely he/she would damage BOTH speaker connections on BOTH sides of the tablet. Or the headphone connector jack might have been damaged by the installer and the tablet thinks there are headphones plugged in and shut off the speakers. You might want to try headphones to see what happens.

Harlie2

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
The eBay seller replaced the battery in about a week. This last one seemed to be charging just fine when I left the installer's shop. I left it charging overnight powered off. While plugged in I brought up the battery history. It showed it charged until 6 am then back to 0.
I am now back to using it with the pogo charger. As described previously in this thread the battery is part of the power stability. The missing sound appears to be part of the low power state. Occasionally, immediately after power on, it feels up to providing sound. When I get a chance I will reinstall the original battery and see what happens. I have asked for my money back from the seller. My battery was mfg 2013 01, the first replacement was the same, the second was 2012 11.

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Why? You can't overcharge the tablet.

on peper no but as you can see many people replacing the battery because they may used to charge it over night im not saying thats the only reason but i just being careful . worked for me also there is a certain amount of times you can charge discharge a battery and if you use your device alot it may come sooner than later

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
The eBay seller replaced the battery in about a week. This last one seemed to be charging just fine when I left the installer's shop. I left it charging overnight powered off. While plugged in I brought up the battery history. It showed it charged until 6 am then back to 0.
I am now back to using it with the pogo charger. As described previously in this thread the battery is part of the power stability. The missing sound appears to be part of the low power state. Occasionally, immediately after power on, it feels up to providing sound. When I get a chance I will reinstall the original battery and see what happens. I have asked for my money back from the seller. My battery was mfg 2013 01, the first replacement was the same, the second was 2012 11.

i also purchased a battery from ebay and it was sold from amazon weird it came in a amazon box looks brand new with some tools hope it will works ok but the date is 2012 , my battery is still works ok so im not sure if i would gain anything from a new battery , anyway when you replace your old one do i have to save all my data on a memory card so i wont lose it ?

Harlie2

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
No need to save your data however good practice suggests that you should backup your data routinely. Most of my data is synced between devices.

Ryan Ure

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the battery on <a parts site> and was a little leery... It took about 2 weeks to get to me and they just kept saying: "shipping soon"... But eventually it arrived.
It looked brand new and didnt show any signs of wear or being taken out od another unit.
Gotta be honest: taking apart the Nex10 was frightening. I didnt have the suction cup or fancy plastic tools... Just a pair of old tiny screwdrivers... And I was sweating the whole time convinced I'd scratch or just full on shatter the glass.
After following the video on YouTube though... It all went great... Popped the old battery out and the new one slid in.
I have run the new battery down to zero (set it up to continually run Arrested Development on Netflix)... And its gone down to zero and then back up to 100%, three times... Now the battery meter works and I am back up to multiple days of use from the 15 minutes I was getting last week.
I couldn't have done it without this forum and that (seemingly sketchy but not) <parts site>.

Thanks again guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the battery on <a parts site> and was a little leery... It took about 2 weeks to get to me and they just kept saying: "shipping soon"... But eventually it arrived.
It looked brand new and didnt show any signs of wear or being taken out od another unit.
Gotta be honest: taking apart the Nex10 was frightening. I didnt have the suction cup or fancy plastic tools... Just a pair of old tiny screwdrivers... And I was sweating the whole time convinced I'd scratch or just full on shatter the glass.
After following the video on YouTube though... It all went great... Popped the old battery out and the new one slid in.
I have run the new battery down to zero (set it up to continually run Arrested Development on Netflix)... And its gone down to zero and then back up to 100%, three times... Now the battery meter works and I am back up to multiple days of use from the 15 minutes I was getting last week.
I couldn't have done it without this forum and that (seemingly sketchy but not) <parts site>.

Thanks again guys

Glad to hear it's working for you

wonderrx

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks again guys

Keep giving us updates every few weeks please! What parts site did you use? Did the battery have a manufactured date on it? Was it a Samsung?

Harlie2

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Finding out where to get a good battery is a problem. I received 2 dead batteries from an ebay site that shipped from the US. I got my money back.
I understand the rules in this forum don't allow promotion and links outside the site. Is there a way for us to help each other find a reliable source. Perhaps the moderators can help. Is there a way for me to send a private message to Ryan Ure?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Finding out where to get a good battery is a problem.

Yes it is

I received 2 dead batteries from an ebay site that shipped from the US. I got my money back.
I understand the rules in this forum don't allow promotion and links outside the site.

I am not aware of such a rule. As you can see from when I started this thread, I posted several off-site links. I think it is just restricted for new users that haven't been around enough or posted enough. If that is the case, I will gladly re-post source links for those wishing to share info.

mark03

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I'll bite.

I've been looking at an auction on *that* site, seller cellphone-repair-shop. The photos show a battery with the Samsung logo and a 2012 date code. There is a user question+answer posted at the bottom of the page in which the seller was asked directly "is the battery new or is it refurbished?" and the answered "brand new original from Samsung." So if he is lying, at least he is LYING and not merely being deceitful ;)

I noticed that our Nexus 10 batteries have a nonstandard voltage (nominal 3.75, charge 4.3 as opposed to the standard 3.7/4.2), which does not bode well for finding a second-source replacement. My fear is that whatever NOS batteries were left have been acquired by outfits like this seller, and these are the last that will ever be manufactured. If it has been stored properly, a three-year-old battery should retain most of its original capacity, perhaps 90%. That is a big IF...

The guy has sold 44 of them so far (at least on this particular auction) and I keep hoping one of the buyers will pop up here to report... Anyone?

amirsays

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Is it true that Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 uses the same battery as our nexus 10. Can anyone confirm. I got the info from a web site selling the Galaxy tab 2 battery. Unfortunately I can't post the link here. Can anyone confirm.

Harlie2

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Search on "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 battery replacement". Many sites come up. None that I looked at said it was a replacement.
Would it fit. I don't know but it is a lower 7000 mAh 3.7V Battery(GT-P5110). The Nexus 10 is 9000.
My search on GT-P5110 vs GT-P8110 found no discussion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol