Replace your Nexus 10 battery

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't done so yet but am interested in any responses and also curious if it would be a good idea to purchase a battery NOW and save it for later. Could scarcity become a looming issue?
"Saving" a battery without maintaining about a 40% charge n it will result in a dead battery in about 2 years. (They self-discharge - and the higher the charge at the start, the faster the self discharge.)

If you don't mind a little effort, if you're worried about th batteries not being available in the future, buy one now, while the one in the tab is good. Around one a month or once every other month, drain the one in the tab down to 40%, then swap them. (And NEVER let the battery drain lower than 40% before charging it to 10% plus 15 minutes.) The batteries will start to go bad long after you want to throw the tab away. (My 11 year old V551 batteries are still giving me about 95% capacity. It's a phone, camera and has a small phone book. And a toy of a web "browser". [If I might "lose" or damage my phone, that's the one I take with me - just swap the SIM card and throw it into my pocket.] I could buy one on Craig's List for $20 if I want to get ripped off. But the batteries are still good.)

Brendon Vining

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I just bought one from Hotbattery.net in the UK for $52.69. It came fully charged and undamaged. Now installed and working fine. Seems to hold a charge so far. Not labled Samsung though.

JoelC87

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm in the process of putting in a new battery that I bought through that vendor on ebay and got the little pry tool set as well but as usual nothing goes right. I'm having problems getting out one screw from the back, its as if the thread has somehow got a break in it and the screw just keeps going around and around. Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas on how to get the thing out?

richardr2

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
The battery has been great. One thing I no longer do is leave the tablet connected to the charger. Once it is charged overnite I unplug it until it is ready to go back on the charger.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
The battery has been great. One thing I no longer do is leave the tablet connected to the charger. Once it is charged overnite I unplug it until it is ready to go back on the charger.

I actually think that might wear the battery more than leaving it on the charger because you are using it much more. What I changed is that I try to USE it as much as possible while still plugged in (when playing games and such). I leave it connected to the charger most of the time now.

Skoobiedoobie

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who has posted on the forums with links and information. I have just ordered a replacement battery from Encompassparts based on Greygnomes post previously. It is listed as being 10 days out before shipping so I won't have any updates this week but I'll keep everyone up to date once it gets here. After shipping and all it was roughly $95 but that's better than having to buy a whole new tablet imo.

Mike Moore4

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reference.
My Nexus10 battery was down to about 1 hour of life total after a full charge.
I bought this battery and replaced it myself - now my Nexus10 is working great again with long battery life.

Skoobiedoobie

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Update on my recent purchase. I received my battery from Encompass today almost a week ahead of original estimated date. Battery date is stamped 8/15. Packaging was very secure with multiple layers of protection. Came with 75% charge and I already see improved bot times and app load times. Voltages were at the top of the expected range (forgot to write them down). Will update again in a few weeks unless I see any negative issues sooner.

Skoobiedoobie

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Have seen nothing but positive things from my tablet, 6-8 hours of use between charges depending on what it's used for. Will try and remember to update again around the 6 month mark

Jerry Runnels

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought a used 2 year old nexus 10 about 15 months ago and it has worked flawlessly since then. i have expected the battery to wear out although i dont use it a lot ...just as a back up when im not using my desktop...I have replaced a lot of hardware in desktops over the years and a screen on a laptop but am not all that confident about replacing this battery when it becomes necessary. Im sure i would buy the replacement kit but as i look at my nexus i guess i have to remove the rubberlike back to get to the battery and i wonder how easy it is to do that and replace it so it is a good fit like it is now.
In spite of its age my Nexus battery continues to peform very well. I only connect it to charge when the battery gets low...hardly ever use it when it is connected to the charge cable....and i use a couple of apps which are supposed to help maintain the battery for a longer life. I dont know if they actually do but i guess it cant hurt. One is Battery Doctor and another is 360 Security. They tell me when i am draining the batter due to apps playing in the background etc and have a Boost feature which goes through my system and closes unnecessary apps etc. I expected i would need a new battery by now but i get about 11 hours with a full charge and have never had a battery crash to zero...i dont know if 11 hours is good or not but its plenty for me. Perhaps everyone who uses this forum is familiar with these battery help apps but if not might be worth a try to see if they help.
I love this Nexus 10...with Chrome it just runs so smoothly...no complaints. :cool::)

egweeks

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Jerry there's a video with a pretty thorough set of instructions on replacing the battery. I got it somewhere towards the start of this thread. I can't post links because I don't have enough posts, but if you go to Youtube and enter the following in the search line: "watch?v=yru4k62qdEU"

ho11ywood303

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So I recently replaced my battery in my Nexus 10, in doing so, I damaged part of one of the connections for the touchscreen, leaving some of the screen unresponsive. Does anyone know where I can get this part? .

Wildon Terrell

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I used the NewPower99 battery. It came with good instructions about how to change the battery. I have been very pleased with the result. It has given my Nexus 10 tablet new life. In most cases the battery will last most of the day. Before I changed the battery it would go dead in less that two hours.

liltrent12998

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I actually think that might wear the battery more than leaving it on the charger because you are using it much more. What I changed is that I try to USE it as much as possible while still plugged in (when playing games and such). I leave it connected to the charger most of the time now.

Can you please post a link to the battery on Encompass's website. I'm unable to locate the battery.