Replace your Nexus 10 battery

Jerry Runnels

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I did find the you tube videos on how to replace the battery and i replaced it today. Unfortunately, when i powered it up the touch screen was unresponsive so i cant access anything on the tablet. The battery install went well so i cant understand why the touchscreen wont work. I cant get into any part of my Nexus 10 to to a hard reset and the external hard reset procedure doesnt work either. I cant get the tablet to go into Recovery Mode. All i can figure is that i did something to the ribbon cable which operates the touchscreen although i cant think of what it could be. I guess i will have to take the tablet apart again and disconnect/reconnect the ribbon cables to see if that works. Maybe i can start the tablet with the case still off to see if i have solved the problem before i put it back together. Otherwise im stumped. I think my tablet is in locked position when it boots up so i cant get anything on the screen to move etc until i can unlock the screen somehow.

taa

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I HIGHLY recomend spending $10 on this: amazon.com/gp/product/B00L1V82I4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It will let you know exactly how fast your devices are charging. I have tested a large number of chargers and USB cables and there's a HUGE difference in them. They range from 0.3 amps to 2 amps depending on which charger/cable/devices you have plugged in. My Nexus 10 will NOT charge faster than 1.5 amps even on a charger/cable that can actually provide 2 amps. Sometimes, pluging the device in results in a 0.4 amp charge, and I have to unplug and replug the device to get the 1.5 amps. Even plugged in to a charger that is actually providing 1.5 amps, the Nexus 10 will still run the battery down during gaming (which as an electrical engineer, is completely unacceptable to me and I will never buy another Samsung device because of this and the lack of an official POGO cable). As far as USB cable quality, shorter cables seem to do much better. Low voltages have a lot of trouble traveling long distances in thin wires.

Thanks for posting about that USB power meter, just got mine and it has been facinating to test all of families devices and cables, found lots of soft spots in my tech charging. Ultimately found that my motorola charge cables from the orginal droid era allow the most power through and that my samsung tablet chargers put the most power out.

Hi @ezcry4t3d and @wonderrx,

Amazon has since reassigned ASIN B00L1V82I4 to be a radar detector. Can one of you post the ASIN for the same or comparable USB power meter originally discussed in this thread?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae