Arrrrrgh! Screenshots are very frustrating

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Every time I attempt a screenshot, it takes me 20+ tries before the volume slider does not show. No matter how careful I am to press the on and volume simultaneously, the slider always appears. Can anyone offer any tips?

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I press power then volume down like a half second after. Works every time for me no problem

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Fifteen tries, fifteen failures. If I press the power button too long, it wants to shut down; not long enough and the volume slider pops up. Am I the only one having trouble with this function?

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I just did 5 out of 5. Not sure what's going on with your tablet. My Moto X works perfect too.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I think I solved my problem -- the leather case interfered with the placing of my fingers on the buttons. It felt as if I had ample room, but when I removed the case, it worked 5 out of 6 times, and that's good enough for me. Thank you for your help.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I think I solved my problem -- the leather case interfered with the placing of my fingers on the buttons. It felt as if I had ample room, but when I removed the case, it worked 5 out of 6 times, and that's good enough for me. Thank you for your help.

Awesome! Its always great to solve those little issues (that turn into big ones) that frustrate you.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

djm7541

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it's an issue for me too. I have never figured out how to do it right. A few times by accident I have done a screen shot, but all my attempts to do it intentionally have failed.

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
You're not doing what I was, are you? My problem was the protective case. If you're holding the Nexus in your hands, try rotating it and press the buttons from a different angle.

djm7541

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I guess the first problem was that I didn't know that it wouldn't happen instantly. You have to wait 2 or 3 seconds. The second problem is that I didn't know it's important to start pressing both buttons at the same instant. You can't start pressing one, then the other, a half second later. You have to start pressing them both at the same instant. And then hold them, both, for 2 or 3 seconds.

I don't like this, but I can almost do it now. Second or third try, each time.