- 3 Posts
Nexus 10's not getting updates?
I was looking on ebay and going to buy a Nexus 10 however the seller notes that it cannot be upgraded beyond 4.2. I questioned the seller as to why and (s)he stated that Google only gives updates 18 months after it was manufactured; however upon further research I cannot seem to find any indication that this is the correct information - every where else states it can be upgraded to Kitkat. So my question is there any Nexus 10's that cannot receive kitkat?
Here is the ebay listing for reference:
Google Nexus 10 Jelly Bean 4 2 32GB Wi Fi Tablet GT P8110HAVXAR 736237000000 | eBay
- 07-14-2014, 07:51 PM #2
- 07-14-2014, 07:54 PM #3
Re: Nexus 10's not getting updates?
So far 4.4.4 is the highest Android version available and it is available for the Nexus 10. Google's goal is at least 18 months of support, not a maximum of 18 months. The Galaxy Nexus (2011) received it's last update 4.3 (it started on 4.0) approximately 18 months after it's release and was not upgraded to Kit Kat, which was attributed to the lack of support for the SoC made by TI. The Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 currently over 18 months old and are fully expected to receive the next Android version (the L version), but nothing is guaranteed. Kit Kat is definitely available for the Nexus 10 and you can flash it yourself from https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images.
- 07-14-2014, 08:45 PM #4
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-27-2015, 01:30 AM
- By caseym54 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 10-10-2014, 03:43 PM
- By DisplacedMic in forum LG G3Replies: 18Last Post: 07-15-2014, 03:14 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-14-2014, 07:53 PM
- By AC Question in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 07-14-2014, 06:58 PM