Using Nexus 10 tablet as a Survey device at my restaurant...

ajayrg

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I was thinking about mounting my Nexus 10 on a stand at my restaurant and letting customers take a survey on the tablet. My concern is there a way to setup the tablet so that customers can't change screens/apps while taking the survey. I'll have the survey on the Google Chrome browser, but I don't want them changing webpages and leaving a disturbing webpage for the next customer to view. The survey is 6 questions, when they have finished taking the survey they will click on the "Submit" button.

I was hoping there was an app the could control what apps can be run/used. And also a way of controlling what websites could be viewed on the tablet.

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are lots of app lock apps out there--try AppLock. You could also use a survey-making app, so that you don't need to give them access to the browser--like Survey Maker.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are lots of app lock apps out there--try AppLock. You could also use a survey-making app, so that you don't need to give them access to the browser--like Survey Maker.

Why does Google still allow vendors to hide their prices behind "in app purchasing"?. It really is very annoying. I had to sort through the reviews before finding that the non-paid version is very limited and they want $99 a year to use the full version... $99 EVERY YEAR!!!! So you are just RENTING the app... everything has to be a "service" nowadays doesn't it? Yeesh. Sorry, had to rant.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, not surprising. If it's for a business, that cost is probably easily absorbed (or written off). But there may be a number of other similar apps that don't have that kind of cost--I just didn't have time to dig deep.