Biggest N10 pet peeve... sound off!

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Constant reloading of wallpaper! Sometimes I get a five second blackout when I return to the homescreen or simply rotate.

(Still my favorite 10" tab)

Posted via Android Central App

Air pirate

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Random freezes, .Usually during app update downloads but not always. Still like the thing, too, but my wife's iPad never does this. Hoping for improvement with the next update or the next N11.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
For both of you- I have seen both behaviors before and a simple cache partition wipe fixed it for me.

My biggest peeve is the way the battery acts after not even two years (the "poof" powerdown at 70% battery after a few hours of playing a game). Batteries wear, but I think it should have lasted longer and the indicator should be much more accurate.

Second would be the last of an SD card or 64GB version. Otherwise, I really like the tablet and its design.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since the first week they came out. I can drain the battery within a few hours. It used to last about two to three days with usual off and on use. I guess I can get the battery replaced.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
For both of you- I have seen both behaviors before and a simple cache partition wipe fixed it for me.

Seems better after a cache partition wipe, but blackouts still happen all too regularly. Here's hoping whatever replaces the N10 has better/more video memory!

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by blackouts?

I think he means a momentary (in seconds or fractions of seconds) black screen where apparently nothing is happening. This sometimes occurs when the machine is either freeing up memory or if the CPU is overloaded (or both). The former being more likely.

Most of the time clearing the cache partition will work to fix such an issue, and it might last for many months... sometimes less. Other times it is an indicator of the use of a really big application, or poorly design apps that are not releasing resources correctly.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by blackouts

Specifically, when I rotate my N10 or when I press the home button, my wallpaper is gone (black screen) but the icons and widgets are in place. I've literally stared at a black screen for five seconds before the wallpaper was reloaded into memory. Sometimes changing wallpaper will alleviate the problem, but it always happens to some degree.

Posted via Android Central App

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Its something I never noticed.

You must not run very large programs or switch between large programs.
I don't have it happen all the time, but it is certainly not rare (I alternate between two games a day, for about two 45 min sessions, and I see that behavior at least once a week, I never reboot unless necessary, and if such issues start to get excessive and are not cleared up with a reboot, I will wipe the cache partition).

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Long ago I chose to just make my wall paper all black to save on battery and eye strain. so I guess I would never notice if this happened to me LOL

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry Crxssi, I wasn't clear. At that time I was using one of the active or animated or whatever they are called desktops. I also find prefer the black to colors/pictures for various reasons. Less Eye strain [ I stare at a monitor and TV all day at work where I cant control the colors/images displayed], I don't like Icons disrupting pictures etc. SO while there are no power savings over a static image, it works for me. :)

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry Crxssi, I wasn't clear. At that time I was using one of the active or animated or whatever they are called desktops. I also find prefer the black to colors/pictures for various reasons. Less Eye strain [ I stare at a monitor and TV all day at work where I cant control the colors/images displayed], I don't like Icons disrupting pictures etc. SO while there are no power savings over a static image, it works for me. :)

Well, an animated wallpaper will, indeed, use up power (while a non-animated one uses none). And I do use that neat fishtank one myself because it is just so incredibly neat. But my tablet spends very little time on the home screens/desktop anyway, so in my case I doubt it makes too much difference.