Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default EXTRA hot after 4.4.4 update

Has anyone noticed your N10 becomes VERY hot to the touch just right of the camera flash since updating to 4.4.4? I'm going to do some testing with apps, but even after a reboot and opening the minimum number of apps (Gmail, G+, WordFeud, Pulse), the tablet will be noticeably warm to the touch in the general location in as little as two minutes. I don't notice the battery draining more than normal; my tab has always been pretty reliable, battery-wise.

Ideas?

TJH

Default Re: EXTRA hot after 4.4.4 update

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition:

1. If your tablet is on, turn it off.
    2. Press and hold the Power, Volume Up, and Volume Down buttons at the same time for several seconds until the tablet turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.
    3. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "Recovery mode."
    4. Press the Power button to start Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation point and the words "No command."
    5. While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
    6. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "Wipe data/factory reset," then press the Power button to select it.
    7. Now highlight "Reboot system now," and press Power to execute.
    crxssi likes this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,690 Global Posts

Default Re: EXTRA hot after 4.4.4 update

I have not noticed it being any hotter with 4.4.4 than any other Android release. That said, the Nexus 10 can and does get quite hot when playing games (but it always has).
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G