Nexus 10 loses battery charge when device is completely switched off

inalot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

As the title says, I'm having this weird issue with the tablet. The tablet loses a significant amount of battery charge when the device is turned off completely. For example I would charge it to 100% at night then switch it off completely, not just to sleep, I would wake up few hours later to about 60% battery left. I'm seriously confused what to do. I have taken this tablet 3 times now to the service centre. They even changed the battery for me but the problem persists.

I've attached a screenshot of the battery stats example. I've turned the device off then when I wake up a few hours after, it was only 57% left.

If the device is on/sleep mode, the battery actually drained normally.

Any help would be appreciate it, I hate to see this tablet go.

Attachments

• IMG_20140913_032534.jpg
    IMG_20140913_032534.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 10

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Maybe some type of app is causing it.

If he truly has the tablet "OFF", then no app can do anything, because the tablet is off. That is a valid concern if it is just in "sleep" or "standby" (which some people call mistakenly call "off") but it looks like this guy knows the difference.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything that would account for this behavior, other than a unusual hardware flaw creating a defective tablet.

inalot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Maybe some type of app is causing it.

If he truly has the tablet "OFF", then no app can do anything, because the tablet is off. That is a valid concern if it is just in "sleep" or "standby" (which some people call mistakenly call "off") but it looks like this guy knows the difference.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything that would account for this behavior, other than a unusual hardware flaw creating a defective tablet.

Yes the device is completely switched off (Pressing the power button for more than a few seconds and select power off)

I'm still baffled by this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37